cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiences/Recommendations for ReadyBrute Elite System?

TVQ1
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Jayco Redhawk 26xs, and have just bought a 2019 Ford Fiesta (automatic) to use as a toad. We are hoping to upgrade to a larger coach in the next year or so.

We're in the process of researching tow set ups, and are very interested in the ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with integrated surge braking system. It seems simple, easy to hook up, and no worries about draining our car battery, etc. We like the fact that it is solely mechanical and does not rely on electronics.

We'd sure appreciate some "real life" experiences with this system; the good, the bad and the ugly!
Thanks in advance for any input.
TVQ1
7 REPLIES 7

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
I too, have been towing with the ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/braking system for a very long time - 7 years now, and on 3 different towed vehicles in that time (and 3 different wives in that time, too, haha).

Has worked great on every vehicle, and is only thing I'll tow with. Started using it on a Kia Sedona minivan, that later got traded for a Ford Fusion (hybrid). Towed that Fusion great for 5 years, until that car was totalled in a wreck, and I replaced it with a Ford Taurus. Taurus tows great with the ReadyBrute, too.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using the r.b.e. For 5 years now. Great easy system.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I've been successfully using a ReadyBrute Elite towbar/brake system since 2008 with two different toads. I strongly recommend installing the "ReadyStop" breakaway system as well.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I have been towing a '13 CR-V with a Ready Brute Elite for 7 years. Have made many trips over the Cascades, Siskiyous, Sierra, and Rockies. No problem with the surge brakes; they work well in the mountains. Easy, simple, and quick to hook-up

A couple of years ago the arms seemed to be getting loose in the joints and I couldn't get the bolts any tighter. I shipped it back to NSA. They rebuilt it and shipped it back with no charge.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

TVQ1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't scare me like that Bumpy!!!

Yes, it's towable 4 down, according to the 2019 Ford Fiesta's owner's manual. Also listed in the 2019 Dinghy Towing Guide, as well as the Remco website. We checked pretty thoroughly before we bought it!

WHEW!!
TVQ

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
are you sure it is towable 4 down?
bumpy

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
I've been towing a Chevy Silverado 4x4 with a Rzr in the back for about 5 years now using a RB Elite. Weight is about 7000#. Braking system works well, easy to hook up and simple. Only had 1 issue where the brake cable broke, simple to replace it.
One update I did was to add a turnbuckle to the brake cable to make it easier to adjust.