cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

To brighten our day

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
So, pulled up to Fred Meyer this morning to fuel up before heading out.
Starting on the first 35 gal when a gentleman pulls up behind us.

DH approaches and tells the gentleman, just starting on the first 35 and have 70 more to go....

Instead of saying cool, thanks for letting me know.... Says... What are you fueling? An aircraft carrier! Slams it into reverse and picks another lane..

Lol. Itโ€™s gonna be a great day! Weโ€™re about 30 minutes out and still laughing
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us
10 REPLIES 10

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago at a Flying J in Texaaas. A pickup puling a full horse trailer of race horses was taking his time inside. I had some interesting conversations with them their noses sticking out. The ante nose ribs. Except oen who was hgh strung and wanted out. The guy came out and filled a bucket with water and let them drink, while he held it up for them. I would have gladly done that but not my horses and he might object. I love horses. and still miss my daughter's quarter pony. He wsa a mess. If I didn't scratch his nose and hug his neck he might grab me by the shoulder gently to let me know. Wouldn't let the adults ride him but he loved to take the kids. Chico would have been great at a rodeo.
He had to supervise everything.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
We stopped at a small station in Florida years ago. There was only one lane my truck and trailer could get into. A couple was traveling together, in separate cars parked next to each other on opposite sides of the pump. Evidently, she wasnโ€™t capable of pumping her own gas so she goes shopping. He fills his car first then hers. Then he has to wash the windshields. Iโ€™m starting to get very annoyed. THEN HE went in the store! I asked him to move and he just looked at me like Iโ€™d lost my mind. Then she comes back and walks the dog. I ask her to move and she walks off. I get back
In the truck and start eyeing 4x4 knob. All DW said was donโ€™t do it honey. I got out and told the woman I was getting ready to push her Civic in the street.

She wisely decided to move to a parking spot. Crisis averted!

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled into a rv pump once in the SE USA and began filling a 90 gal tank. Fellow pulled up behind me jumped out ran up to me and asked how long I was going through be. He asked 2-3 times and I finally told I was going to be pumping until I was finished. For some reason he left.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
So, pulled up to Fred Meyer this morning to fuel up before heading out.
Starting on the first 35 gal when a gentleman pulls up behind us.

DH approaches and tells the gentleman, just starting on the first 35 and have 70 more to go....

Instead of saying cool, thanks for letting me know.... Says... What are you fueling? An aircraft carrier! Slams it into reverse and picks another lane..

Lol. Itโ€™s gonna be a great day! Weโ€™re about 30 minutes out and still laughing

You should have googled a picture of an aircraft carrier and taken the time to explain to the gentleman that there are many differences between what you were fueling and an aircraft carrier. Yes, he might have found it sarcastic, but great entertainment for you while you were fueling! :C
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
LOL. Fueling my old 37' class A and the boat was always an adventure. 100 gallon main, 37 gallon aux., 35 gallon boat. I would just go in and make a sandwich while filling the main. Of course, I would block both pumps every time....being 60' long.
When I get fuel pulling the toy hauler I have a Diesel pump going for the truck and a gas pump going for the trailer. You should see the looks I get putting fuel into a trailer.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
How many CC swipes does that take?

I was washing each car window with the squeegee and the guy behind me pulled out and yelled at me "I didn't think you'd be washing your car!"

Since gas stations are now grocery stores/restaurants, my gripe is when they park at the gas island and go shopping.
This morning I pulled in for fuel and a person pulling a utility trailer pulled in front of the pumps. He went into the convince store and bought coffee and sandwiches and never bought fuel. They have a parking lot as well. Just pulled to the open pump in front of him and got fuel then went in to get coffee and lottery ticket. He patiently waited for me to come back out.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
How many CC swipes does that take?

I was washing each car window with the squeegee and the guy behind me pulled out and yelled at me "I didn't think you'd be washing your car!"

Since gas stations are now grocery stores/restaurants, my gripe is when they park at the gas island and go shopping.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

path1
Explorer
Explorer
My last trip to Fred Meyer my go to credit card wouldn't work had to use a alternate card.

Lady said the new card readers weren't working right, hence having more than one card always comes in handy.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn't have said a word to him. He should have been smart enough to figure out that you probably have a large fuel tank just by looking at the size of your rig. Obviously he wasn't.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
LOL. Fueling my old 37' class A and the boat was always an adventure. 100 gallon main, 37 gallon aux., 35 gallon boat. I would just go in and make a sandwich while filling the main. Of course, I would block both pumps every time....being 60' long.