cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Camper Today?

NVR2L82AV8
Explorer
Explorer
After a good washing yesterday I got up early (while the camper is in the shade and the temp has not exceeded 100--yet) to put a good coat of Meguiar's Marine/RV one step Cleaner Wax on. I'm a huge fan of Aerospace 303 and use that in-between full waxes. I think it has made a huge difference in keeping the gel coat shiny.

Here's a pic of my nose cap half waxed and half not waxed. Where its parked during non-use the Nose Cap and roof gets the most sunlight.

I was pleased with the contamination that came off the gel coat. I still have some strong bug marks but overall it looks great - all finished and polished! The decals are showing their age! In the heat of the hot summers I get small ripples at the top of the cap. Anyone seen that before?

2013 AF 990
2003 F350 6.0L 4X4 DRW, Oil bypass filter, Coolant Filter, Blue Spring fuel pressure mod, DELO ELC, DashBoss Bluetooth engine monitor, EGT/FP gauge, SuperSprings, torklift hitch/tiedowns, 48" SuperTruss, fastguns, Kenwood CMOS Backup Camera.
336 REPLIES 336

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stuck another sticker on the back ๐Ÿ˜›
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

pikelake
Explorer
Explorer
notsobigjoe wrote:
pikelake wrote:
Walked right by it, in my shed, where it had warmed up to five below zero F.

Hang in there buddy, we're almost over the hump....

Today I should have walked by the thermometer too - instead I stopped to look and it was -18F.

I'm staying out of that room.........
2017 F350 Lariat Crewcab, Longbox, Dually 6.7 Powerstroke
1997 Lance Legend 945, Torklift w/Fastguns
17" Firestone Trans-Force AT tires

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
SoonDockin wrote:
compared to the turbo fan the unit uses for circulating air under around the holding tanks. I wired up a 140mm computer fan on the outlet side that constantly circulated air down below.

The factory installed fans AF uses are obnoxiously loud.
I replaced mine with a quieter one, built a proper air flow shroud around it and wired in a switch so I can operate it in manual mode when I use an electric heater.

Here's the video of that project
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I spent a week in the snow in my TC sitting on the ground. Truck was getting some work done. Bought a Vornado electric heater and it performed quite well. Nearly silent compared to the turbo fan the unit uses for circulating air under around the holding tanks. I wired up a 140mm computer fan on the outlet side that constantly circulated air down below. Coldest day was in the teens with gusty wind. Had to supplement with propane heat a couple of times, but I barley used any propane in 10 days on the road.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
pikelake wrote:

Hang in there buddy, we're almost over the hump....

pikelake
Explorer
Explorer
2017 F350 Lariat Crewcab, Longbox, Dually 6.7 Powerstroke
1997 Lance Legend 945, Torklift w/Fastguns
17" Firestone Trans-Force AT tires

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
I really like my Victron 75/15, especially all the bluetooth info! Be sure and write down the PUK number on the back, in case you need to reset the PIN in the phone app.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Replaced the external solar port that had undersized wire with a port that has 10 AWG wire. I also connected the solar port to a Victron 15amp MPPT controller.

video details of the project

It made no sense why a solar port with 14 AWG wire was connected to 8 AWG to go to the battery bank, which was twice as long as needed.

The desire to have an onboard MPPT controller instead of using the portable PWM controller that came with the portable panels is what prompted this project.

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Took the camper off my truck so I could get some truck maintenance items done in preparation for Ramblin' 2023 starting in June!
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Upgraded to LED backup lights video of the project

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
Buzzcut1 wrote:
Pulled the POS Galley hatch and fan that comes in a Lance 1062 and installed a 900 CFM 4 speed maxxfan in its place. Still fish they had installed a hood with a descent fan instead of a crappy roof vent

original

replacement

NICE ^^^^^^^^^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Pulled the POS Galley hatch and fan that comes in a Lance 1062 and installed a 900 CFM 4 speed maxxfan in its place. Still wish they had installed a hood with a descent fan instead of a crappy roof vent

original

replacement

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Bought a little fan to move air from the main cabin to the somewhat enclosed cabover of my AF 992.
It really helps move heat to the bed!

Here's the details on the fan.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Test run with LFP in a heated compartment..I decided to go 100% LFP in my TC with a test run with one under the sink where it is heated..Fits fine,infact,if I took out the plastic battery box it would easily hold two lithium batteries in a heated space..I may do that but for now a temporary trial with a thermometer is in order..Such an easy fix for low temps and LFP..LOL

I disconnected the shore power and ran a cord to a power strip not to be charging off my ancient house converter...

Charging off of solar only for now.

Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04