cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Think your're good at backing? Think again.......

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I bet you can't beat this guy at backing a TT.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln
28 REPLIES 28

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
My bride of 59 years rode with me when I hauled. She knows to stay in the mirror in day time or nite time. At nite she holds the lite on herself so I can see her.
She worked for a mobile home dealer and I told one of their drivers the next time they brought in a 80' unit to have her back him in. Well she did and the driver said it was one of the easiest back in he's had.

Now if I could just ever get her to drive the truck/trailer combo.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kellem, that's a funny one about 20 waiting to see her in the mirrors.
On a side note, my bride hooked the unit up yesterday, did some backing, towed the trailer from the CG to the dump station and then home. Very good job on her part and she learned some things along the way. I think she's up for another run.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
That was pretty impressive.

Too bad he didn't have his wife directing him ๐Ÿ™‚

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Taxman2436 wrote:
kellem wrote:
2oldman wrote:
kellem wrote:
Sometimes she looks like she's swimming out of water with all her hand gestures but haven't hit anything yet.
LOL. I see this a lot.. the wife is back there yelling, waving, maybe not in mirror view. I'd rather get in and out of the truck 4 or 5 times and look than have that going on.

Yep 20 years towing and still waiting to see her in one of the mirrors.

I feel your pain and less than a year for me.... LOL

I finally got mine to stand in mirror sight. Now if I could get her to do a little more than just stand there.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flat paved surface, full visibility, no overhead hazards, cones no trees, no utilities to line up, no slide spacing to get correct, and no coach giving bad signals, give me a break that looks easy.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
StirCrazy wrote:
chage that traier to somthing with some weight and double axels and lets see how he does. for a car to accelerate like that, the trailer must weight abnout 500 lbs.

Steve

You would be surprised how well cars can pull full size travel trailers.

https://www.canamrv.ca/towing-expertise/videos/
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
chage that traier to somthing with some weight and double axels and lets see how he does. for a car to accelerate like that, the trailer must weight abnout 500 lbs.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The fastest way to ruin some past times, sports and pleasant activities is to make them into a competition.

I don't care about fast backing, baton twirling or mountain climbing either.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
kellem wrote:

ROTFL! LOL!!

Taxman2436
Explorer
Explorer
kellem wrote:
2oldman wrote:
kellem wrote:
Sometimes she looks like she's swimming out of water with all her hand gestures but haven't hit anything yet.
LOL. I see this a lot.. the wife is back there yelling, waving, maybe not in mirror view. I'd rather get in and out of the truck 4 or 5 times and look than have that going on.

I feel your pain and less than a year for me.... LOL
Taxman2436
Sturbridge, MA
2022 Ford F350 6.7L Diesel
2023 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
kellem wrote:

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
kellem wrote:
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
I don't need mad backing skill, I have my wife back there.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Well I thought I was good at it!
Guess I need more practice.