cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Freedom elite toilet

cvk
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to find the manufacturer of the toilet in my 2011 freedom elite 31R. Anyone have any idea?
Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

grampachet
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your input. I received my new one and it fit perfectly.
Now the slide quit. When I took it apart I found a broken shaft and stripped gear. Two of the four mounting bolts on the motor/gear case were loose the other two were on the bottom of the cover.
Waiting on new parts..................have patience.....
2004 F-250 KIngRanch,CC,SB,SRW,4x4,V-10,3.73
2008 Montana 3000RK

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
cvk wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I removed the toilet and there is no name tag anywhere. But the lid does say thetford. Ordered a new one rather than buy parts to fix because the parts, lid, valve and gaskets almost as much, over half the price of new. And the T bolts were so corroded I had to cut the bolts off with my angle grinder which heated up the bolt and damaged floor flange and toilet base. And besides my DW had already said just buy a new one??. Happy wife .....you know the rest and itโ€™s been over 50 years weโ€™ve been married.

Just make sure the rear water valve is in the same location on the new toilet so you do not have a possible clearance issue.
My H/C water lines run along the floor behind my toilet and the lines are covered inside a wooden enclosure. The water valve at the rear of the new toilet hit the enclosure. I was able to alter the nut by shaving off a little plastic on the nut. I was lucky . ๐Ÿ™‚

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Awww, that's nice. Funny how toilets have a way of bringing people together. :B
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

cvk
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I removed the toilet and there is no name tag anywhere. But the lid does say thetford. Ordered a new one rather than buy parts to fix because the parts, lid, valve and gaskets almost as much, over half the price of new. And the T bolts were so corroded I had to cut the bolts off with my angle grinder which heated up the bolt and damaged floor flange and toilet base. And besides my DW had already said just buy a new one??. Happy wife .....you know the rest and itโ€™s been over 50 years weโ€™ve been married.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
bdpreece wrote:
The shroud is part of the toilet same cheapo installed in most any RV. Possibly one step higher than an all plastic one but then again I never had any problems with my plastic ones. My Aqua Magic Style Plus has had two catastrophic failures since I have owned it,

Not gonna ask about the failures......:E
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
The shroud is part of the toilet same cheapo installed in most any RV. Possibly one step higher than an all plastic one but then again I never had any problems with my plastic ones. My Aqua Magic Style Plus has had two catastrophic failures since I have owned it,
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
bdpreece wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
The manufacturer's labels are often placed at the back of the toilet, near the ground. Get a mirror/flashlight and have a look at the back of the toilet near the ground.

Just had my toilet out yesterday and that's where my label is. Only thing is on mine there is an outside shroud around the toilet that has to be removed in order to see it.

My Navion is a bare bones motorhome, I guess. What can I say?:B

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
The manufacturer's labels are often placed at the back of the toilet, near the ground. Get a mirror/flashlight and have a look at the back of the toilet near the ground.

Just had my toilet out yesterday and that's where my label is. Only thing is on mine there is an outside shroud around the toilet that has to be removed in order to see it.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking at 2011 31's for sale , if its a foot flush then it appears to be a Thetford aqua magic .

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is printed under the lid. Call the manufacturer with you year and Vin #
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.