Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Truck Policy Update from Good Sam
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Tow Truck Policy Update from Good Sam

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/20 01:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weeks back, I posted this topic:

This morning we had to call to order a tow truck for one of our vehicles. We have the Platinum Roadside Assistance and have been customers for 15 years. We have always serviced our vehicle at a specific dealership and in this case, it had to go back to the dealership due to a possible problem with the way the oil filter was seated the last time the oil was changed. When we started it, oil leaked all over. When we called, we asked to tow it to the dealership, but they wanted to tow it to the nearest repair facility which happens to be WalMart! That's ridiculous! Because we have to go to the dealer, it's an extra $45!!! We asked what happens if WalMart does not have the parts needed to deal with the repair since they are not a Jeep dealership. She said it would then need to be towed to the dealership. We asked, who pays for that tow? She said, we would still have to pay the extra $45 since they are not the nearest facility. Why does there have to be this extra layer of complexity? Our dealership is 11.5 miles away and WalMart is 1.5 miles away.

I submitted a claim for reimbursement and yesterday, we received a check in the mail reimbursing us the $45. Good job Good Sam. Thank you!!!

An additional note: After I posted this, I checked if the WalMart repair facility was even open. It wasn't due to Covid19. I stated this in the claim.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

Lwiddis

near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/20 02:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Service. Glad to hear it.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/20 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ReneeG wrote:

Weeks back, I posted this topic:

This morning we had to call to order a tow truck for one of our vehicles. We have the Platinum Roadside Assistance and have been customers for 15 years. We have always serviced our vehicle at a specific dealership and in this case, it had to go back to the dealership due to a possible problem with the way the oil filter was seated the last time the oil was changed. When we started it, oil leaked all over. When we called, we asked to tow it to the dealership, but they wanted to tow it to the nearest repair facility which happens to be WalMart! That's ridiculous! Because we have to go to the dealer, it's an extra $45!!! We asked what happens if WalMart does not have the parts needed to deal with the repair since they are not a Jeep dealership. She said it would then need to be towed to the dealership. We asked, who pays for that tow? She said, we would still have to pay the extra $45 since they are not the nearest facility. Why does there have to be this extra layer of complexity? Our dealership is 11.5 miles away and WalMart is 1.5 miles away.

I submitted a claim for reimbursement and yesterday, we received a check in the mail reimbursing us the $45. Good job Good Sam. Thank you!!!

An additional note: After I posted this, I checked if the WalMart repair facility was even open. It wasn't due to Covid19. I stated this in the claim.

Good Job for calling Good Sam on their screw up!!!! I had to do the same on a towing issue when I was told GS would tow both my truck & 5th wheel because I was not broke down on the side of the road on the freeway. I was able to coast into a Ca. Rest Stop and they said GS would not tow me. I called another tow truck co. Cost me $850. I called and talked to a service complaint administrator. He sent a check for $850 in 2 days and told me the agent was TOTALLY wrong and would be dismissed.[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

chiefneon

Livingston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/20 05:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy!

Coach Net! The only thing CN has asked when they have sent out a tow truck which has been on a number of occasions is where do you want it towed to?

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/20 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

chiefneon wrote:

Howdy!

Coach Net! The only thing CN has asked when they have sent out a tow truck which has been on a number of occasions is where do you want it towed to?

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Thanks!

doxiemom11

Victoria TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/20 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As someone who previously worked in insurance I can tell you that nearly EVERY tow coverage or policy issued states to the "nearest" place of repair. If you want it towed further, you usually pay the additional charge yourself. You may want to check Coachnet, but be aware there is 1 program for towables, another for motorhomes. Do not purchase the wrong one.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/20 06:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Tow Truck Policy Update from Good Sam
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.