cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert 18v Awning

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
My new 18v solaer Lippert awning operates on a drill 18v battery but it will not operate on the 18v batteries contained n the awning arm. I have bought two new batteries in addition to the battery that came with the awning.

The awning was installed in Pt Angeles, Wa, I reside in Ohio return to the service is not an option.

What is the problem, what is the remedy? All of you Motorhome wizards please help me.

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
there is not that much to the system a battery a reversing switch and a motor a simple volt meter should be able to tell you any problems with it are your replacement batteries actually charging the green light is the default light on the charger has it turned red when charging?

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
My big awning works off of 12 V has a Torginol Spring on one end like a garage door and maybe that is not adjusted properly. If your drill Battery works and the onboard battery does not it might mean that the onboard battery is not big enough or else the awning is not adjusted properly. Without me being there and helping you troubleshoot itโ€™s a little hard To offer suggestions. You may call me if you like and we can talk about it over the phone.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer