Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Florida
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
miltvill

Ft. Lauderdale FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My neighbor across the street has COVID 19. He is miserable but doing alright. DW made me several masks and I keep two in my pocket. This is really going to be bad If we get hit with a big hurricane. With the shortages in the stores for some items at this time. We are getting are hurricane stuff now and getting prepared. A hurricane will clean the stores out completely.

Florida has around 23 million people with over 6 million living in south Florida. The more congested places are the easier it is to spread the virus.

I would stay out of Florida for now. You don't want to get sick away from home and family. We want to travel to Ohio and look at a new 5th wheel but for now we will stay home until things get better. We don't want to get sick or infect someone else.

2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/20 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tropical36 wrote:

Deb and Ed M wrote:

We own a condo near Cocoa Beach - we are watching the numbers and praying they will go down this fall.

And they very well might if these idiots would find something else to do instead of congregating and protesting over masks and the like.
I suppose they don't wear seat belts, are still texting, and refusing to wear a shirt and or shoes, in the stores as well, eh?.
I mean it's always the same 10% for causing hate and discontent at every excuse.
Having said all that, it shouldn't keep you from coming down and it's no different here, than anywhere else, if you'll just follow good common sense.

Thanks for the rant, by the way!

Hey - glad you got that off your chest! :-)
I had seen a post from the Brevard Emergency Management folks, telling what our local hospitals had left for capacity in the intensive care units - some hospitals were at or close to 100%. THAT is the number I need to see come down - I'm not going anywhere, where the medical system is close to being maxxed out. I'd *LIKE* to think I could survive it (and Lord knows I'm doing everything in my power to NOT get it) - but if I'm wrong, I'd like to have some backup :-)

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/20 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

tropical36 wrote:

Deb and Ed M wrote:

We own a condo near Cocoa Beach - we are watching the numbers and praying they will go down this fall.

And they very well might if these idiots would find something else to do instead of congregating and protesting over masks and the like.
I suppose they don't wear seat belts, are still texting, and refusing to wear a shirt and or shoes, in the stores as well, eh?.
I mean it's always the same 10% for causing hate and discontent at every excuse.
Having said all that, it shouldn't keep you from coming down and it's no different here, than anywhere else, if you'll just follow good common sense.

Thanks for the rant, by the way!

Hey - glad you got that off your chest! :-)
I had seen a post from the Brevard Emergency Management folks, telling what our local hospitals had left for capacity in the intensive care units - some hospitals were at or close to 100%. THAT is the number I need to see come down - I'm not going anywhere, where the medical system is close to being maxxed out. I'd *LIKE* to think I could survive it (and Lord knows I'm doing everything in my power to NOT get it) - but if I'm wrong, I'd like to have some backup :-)

You'll be well taken care of, no matter with plenty of space in the parking lots along with our superb winter weather and a lack of rain, there'll be nothing to worry about.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

... in the intensive care units - some hospitals were at or close to 100%. THAT is the number I need to see come down -
Yep. That is the really scary part. Death is tragic for sure, but full hospitals? Really bad news.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 12:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Think about the difficult decisions about who will receive hospital care when our health care system is at maximum capacity: young first, then first line responders, then single parents (or caregivers), etc.

At the Top of the Covid-19 Curve, How Do Hospitals Decide Who Gets Treatment?

If hospitals get overwhelmed, Florida is silent on who survives

* This post was last edited 07/30/20 01:06pm by BCSnob *   View edit history

donfla

home

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What else is 2020 going to throw at us with this possible hurricane? One thing we have down is dealing with them and tested our 21 year old Yamaha generator that started on the second pull. It doesn’t look that great and has run 24/7 for 8 days during one storm plus has powered more than one of my jobs before a temporary pole was approved. One less thing to worry about.

* This post was edited 08/01/20 05:49pm by donfla *

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 07:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Deb and Ed M wrote:

... in the intensive care units - some hospitals were at or close to 100%. THAT is the number I need to see come down -
Yep. That is the really scary part. Death is tragic for sure, but full hospitals? Really bad news.

Back in the day, in small town USA, having patients in the halls were the plan of the day and a matter of routine. Private rooms were for the elite and even semi-private not all that easy to come by, with wards being quite common and for sometimes being the norm.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tropical36 wrote:

Back in the day, in small town USA, having patients in the halls were the plan of the day and a matter of routine.
Great, let's go back to that.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/20 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tropical36 wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Back in the day, in small town USA, having patients in the halls were the plan of the day and a matter of routine. Private rooms were for the elite and even semi-private not all that easy to come by, with wards being quite common and for sometimes being the norm.

During high school and first couple yrs of college I worked at 3 local hospitals. It was fairly common to have beds in hall ways during busy times. Area population was about 100,000 so not a large town, but not a small town

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/20 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My mom recently visited the ER for a non-covid issue in a southern NJ hospital. She was in the hallway in the ER until they found a room for her. Then she was in an alcove in the hallway until the results of a covid test came back. She was negative, so they put her into a room. She needed to use a nebulizer, so they actually moved the patient already in that room to another room. They were concerned the nebulizer could pick up airborne covid and make her sick. So she ended up with a private room.

Our county here in GA is a hot spot and for a short time, the only Hospital here was using Ambulances as ER space until they could make more room for beds.

-Michael

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.