Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Florida
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STEVEP220 wrote:

Are you going to Florida this fall with the COVID 19 down there? Thanks

Nope...for obvious reasons.
My son lives there sure would like to visit but my pa and ma didn't raise any ignorant kids.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

This is the topic; please stick to it. Thanks.

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All of our progeny are local, so travel is not an issue.

What we are doing is a lot of virtual visits. There are now a number of packages that do this very well. They can even be between different devices. So, this makes it very easily to work with a combination of the most convenient devices. We are often between a computer (desk or laptop) at our end and a phone at the other.

Yes, this does lack the satisfaction of an afternoon or evening. But it is the best solution for the day.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the plus side, with the northern border still closed, there may be more vacancies than in the past so you might be able to score a site you wouldn't normally be able to get...Dennis

A Simple Act of Caring Creates an Endless Ripple
Dennis and Debi Eleven Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Florida is a big state...don’t lump what’s going on in densely populated SE Fla with the rest of the state. Why do those 3 countries have 3-5 X the problems compared to the rest of the state... I-95.

Orange County (Orlando) 1.4M/157 deaths and Palm Beach 1.5M/760 deaths. Dade county is even worse...2.7M/1400 deaths.

Instead of going to WPB, we may spend our time further north unless things miraculously improve in November.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

08 HR Navigator 45'
Sold 04 Dynasty after 14 great years.
[url=https://i.

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STEVEP220 wrote:

I'm already here and don't see the problem, with isolating one's self, reasonably.
For those who are suicidal and for being responsible for the infected numbers that we now have, not too much we can do about that except for blocking their path in some instances, which is now being done.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

donfla

home

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We live in the Orlando area and my wife has been involved since day one with this and todays positive bed count in her company’s multiple hospital system is down 22% from 7 days ago so that is positive. It is our new world for now and the more people understand and follow the distancing and mask orders the quicker things will get better. I would guess 90% of people I’m seeing in public here are following things well.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/20 08:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Tom_M wrote:

I was in Florida last spring when the state closed down all state parks and campgrounds. I camp mostly in the Florida Water Management District campgrounds so I had to quickly find different accommodations. Luckily a few of the national park campgrounds remained open.

I will see how things are shaping up this fall and then decide. If campgrounds are open it's likely they will be more crowded and hard to find campsites. If that's the case I'll head for Arizona.

If that be the case, keep your eye on Arizona too, because as of 2 days ago, Arizona had a good number more cases of Covid-19 per 100,000 population than Florida did.

We are in Az but not in Phoenix or Tucson etc. Out here in the desert areas, with sparse population, I'm sure someone has the Virus, as I40 carries a lot of people, from California and everywhere else.People are supposed to wear masks everywhere but not everyone is. We don't see much disruption of life. Head to the wide open spaces, is about the best distancing, you can come up with. Florida is crowded ,too crowded, and even more so with escapees from the Northeast and elsewhere. One person in a a crowd can infect a lot of people. Out here a Virus carrier might have to chase someone down to spread it.
Bring a camera and metal detector.
Saturday, I think we saw an Elk...in the desert, it had to be. Too large for a mule deer and it was not donkey. Couldn't top for better look see and photos. Early and late in the seventies or lower from 3300 ft u,p anyway.

* This post was edited 07/27/20 10:05pm by down home *

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We own a condo near Cocoa Beach - we are watching the numbers and praying they will go down this fall.

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

We own a condo near Cocoa Beach - we are watching the numbers and praying they will go down this fall.

And they very well might if these idiots would find something else to do instead of congregating and protesting over masks and the like.
I suppose they don't wear seat belts, are still texting, and refusing to wear a shirt and or shoes, in the stores as well, eh?.
I mean it's always the same 10% for causing hate and discontent at every excuse.
Having said all that, it shouldn't keep you from coming down and it's no different here, than anywhere else, if you'll just follow good common sense.

Thanks for the rant, by the way!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.