cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen-Y 5th wheel goose neck pin box

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just wondering if anyone has seen, or is using this new pin box. It is USA made, and looks very well built, with torkflex cushion, and no air bag to mess with.
It is also pending approval from LCI, but I wouldn't hold my breath, since they are partners with Reese.

Gen-Y
12 REPLIES 12

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
johndeerefarmer wrote:
... Also Lippert is making their own version of the goosebox which will be out soon

Knowing LCI penchant for quality (sarcasm on blast), I bet that'll be a quality hitch. Probably fold up like a walmart tent in a sandstorm.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
I would not use that or the Goose Box on any 5th wheel RV. Both design, will put additional stress on the pin box and frame for the trailer.

Nothing but snake oil on the video. No way will it give better mileage when towing or better tire wear.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
garyp4951 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has seen, or is using this new pin box. It is USA made, and looks very well built, with torkflex cushion, and no air bag to mess with.
It is also pending approval from LCI, but I wouldn't hold my breath, since they are partners with Reese.

Gen-Y

I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole unless Lippert approves it. Their pin boxes and frames are already known to be weak, add that and you might be asking for trouble, at least with the Goosebox you might have warranty. Also Lippert is making their own version of the goosebox which will be out soon
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks chiefneon, thats good to know.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
garyp4951 wrote:
I agree Howard, its built like a tank, but I have 2 B&W's, and will keep them for now.
Oh yeah, you simply can't beat the B&W hitch.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

When I purchased my new truck I decided to not go back the a 5er hitch. I purchased a Reece Goose Box 20,000lb and toy hauler is 18,000. I have been very pleased the last year of towing with the GB. If I had a 5er over 20,000lb or for some reason needed to replace my GB I would definitely consider going with the GenY.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree Howard, its built like a tank, but I have 2 B&W's, and will keep them for now.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Second Chance wrote:
Just imagine the torsional forces (sideways) that will put on the pin box mount and front of the trailer frame...
JMO, but from the looks of it, the forces would be similar to a regular 5th wheel hitch. It's not like it's an adapter.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just imagine the torsional forces (sideways) that will put on the pin box mount and front of the trailer frame...
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
They state that the owners are reporting up to 3 MPG better mileage ???
Yeah, that would make you wonder what else they're lying about. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

They state that the owners are reporting up to 3 MPG better mileage ???
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering the same. Says it works with my lippert frame. I have an Andersen and it works. But would be nice to not have something to take in and out of the bed and such. And it doesn't buck a lot, but more than I'd like. Has anyone used both and had an opinion on which they liked better? I'm also concerned on clearance of the pinbox and whether it can turn 60 plus degrees in my 2020 Denali.
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch