cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

THANK YOU

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Had 6 camping reservations cancelled so far this year. Finally got out to Fort Stevens Oregon state campground. What a blessing to get out. I want to give a big THANK YOU to all campground hosts who really are the heroe's of camping. I saw a host cleaning the restrooms last weekend. I was ashamed of the trash campers leave for them. It blows my mind. I just want to say Thanks and I am sorry for the selfish behavior of others. The host cleaning up seemed cheerful and did not let this disrespect get to her.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
9 REPLIES 9

billd99
Explorer
Explorer
BarabooBob wrote:
As we were pulling out of a campground in Yellowstone, a Ranger pulled up behind our rig and turned on his red lights. I pulled over thinking that maybe I blew a stop sign or something. He came up to my window and handed all of our kids coloring books and Ranger badges because he saw them picking up trash in the neighbors site before we left. That was 20 years ago and the girls still have their badges and talk about it when we get to go camping together. Times have changed.

I love that story BarabooBob... I learned a lesson early in my career from a brilliant mentor: "Don't worry about mistakes people make... catch them doing things RIGHT and let them know you appreciate it."

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
#1flyboy - it is so much more enjoyable, NOT to be the camp host. We also quit after 6 or 7 seasons of it. It is unbelievable ! And Concessionaire, that lasted about a month and we left that one. Good luck to you - enjoy life now !

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
As we were pulling out of a campground in Yellowstone, a Ranger pulled up behind our rig and turned on his red lights. I pulled over thinking that maybe I blew a stop sign or something. He came up to my window and handed all of our kids coloring books and Ranger badges because he saw them picking up trash in the neighbors site before we left. That was 20 years ago and the girls still have their badges and talk about it when we get to go camping together. Times have changed.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
Many disgusting slobs in this world now! Sure happy I Have quit in August 2012 and retired! I still pickup my own mess! Thank You!

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:
People trash the restrooms, it is disgusting! Do they do this at home too?

When the restrooms were shut down, a Porto Potty was put in the park. It was clean, but some inconsiderate person put all their grocery bags full of garbage and Capri-Sun drinks INTO the toilet, stuffed the toilet full of their trash.

No trash cans were provided due to Covid-19 services, but rather than put their own garbage in their trunk of their vehicle they dumped it!

I wish these people were caught and banned from our parks!
Of course not, like many others,in every walk of life, people rent cars and trash them, "it's not mine, I don't care", rent a motel room, "I don't care, the maid will clean it up" they have the frame of mind that "it's not mine, why should I care about it". :M
I guess that disgusting behavior is the difference between being brought up, or dragged up.

Yep. I tidy up my hotel room AND leave a few bucks tip. Those housekeepers have a tough job cleaning up after slobs who trash those rooms. So inconsiderate to do to someone else to have to clean up a disgusting mess. Hate going to a hotel anymore.

People do not even think to take their paper towel to wipe the water off the countertop either for the next person let alone make sure it ends up in the trash container.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

When the restrooms were shut down, a Porto Potty was put in the park. It was clean, but some inconsiderate person put all their grocery bags full of garbage and Capri-Sun drinks INTO the toilet, stuffed the toilet full of their trash.

No trash cans were provided due to Covid-19 services, but rather than put their own garbage in their trunk of their vehicle they dumped it!

Of course not, like many others,in every walk of life, people rent cars and trash them, "it's not mine, I don't care", rent a motel room, "I don't care, the maid will clean it up" they have the frame of mind that "it's not mine, why should I care about it". :M
I guess that disgusting behavior is the difference between being brought up, or dragged up.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Campground hosts have been in place all year here....even when the campgrounds were closed for months. Gotta love your job.

How does a person **** 3' up a wall? Yeah. Pretty disgusting. I drove through Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Montana and California two weeks ago. You know EXACTLY when you enter California. Trash and graffiti everywhere.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
We left the Camphosting world this week....Some very un-nice people that feel the CAMPHOST is somehow never allowed time off & is to be held fully responsible for any reason that they are displeased..... And lots of folks are still have problems in & using the toilet! ....And lack of support from campground concessionaire.... And less than minimum wage... Also some campers have many different ways of making noises or lighting up the campground... So for our mental health we will no longer camphost...Had done it for 6 seasons....