Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: 100 days till snowbirding........ maybe not
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> 100 days till snowbirding........ maybe not

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
jesseannie

Roseburg, OR

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/20 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hotjag1 wrote:

We will be heading south as usual in late October. WA virus isn't much different than AZ and we don't need to be in close contact with anybody when we are traveling unless we choose to. We can go a long time with the 100 gallon fresh water and equivalent holding tanks. We aren't close to anyone when fueling either. We would rather be distancing from others in warm weather than in cold weather.

I think it is possible to RV anywhere in the country safely.
But you have to be smart and acknowledge the seriousness of tge pandemic.
It sounds to me like you have thought it through and have a good plan.
The only problem I see is if Arizona, Florida and Texas continue like it is currently the medical facilities will be overwhelmed and then if you have a non-covid emergency you may not get the care you need.

Good luck.

Thunder Mountain

Lost in the Four Corners

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/20 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gulfcoast wrote:

Many said when hot weather gets here it will be gone too.

I think that myth has been busted. It has been well over a hundred in Maricopa County, Arizona for most of the last 30 or so days and we have been setting records for COVID cases.

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/20 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is 90 degrees in Ohio and we are experiencing an outbreak since bars and rest opened.

* This post was edited 07/12/20 07:23pm by an administrator/moderator *

FULLTIMEWANABE

De Winton, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/20 02:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Still have our FL trip planned in Christmas.

This will be completely burned out by November.

How do you know it'll be burnt out by November. Hey I'm all for optimism but why would you say that?

SARS had 2 years to the last death. Spanish Flu (yes there are still odd cases) took 3 years for the bulk of it. So why do you for one minute think COVID-19 and all it's mutant strains will be wiped out by November?

It's a bit like all the posts I read about "when the vaccine comes out". How can those folks be sure there will even be an effective vaccine. Again, it was partially developed we are told, but never used for SARS. Even our Flu vaccines each year are a guess as to which maybe 3 strains might be most prevalent to target.

I wish I had the crystal ball on all this that some do. In the meantime, right or wrong advice from those that "seem" to know better than me, thank you to all who wear their masks to protect me as I do mine to protect you when out in public!

It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/20 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FULLTIMEWANABE wrote:

philh wrote:

How do you know it'll be burnt out by November. Hey I'm all for optimism but why would you say that?

SARS had 2 years to the last death. Spanish Flu (yes there are still odd cases) took 3 years for the bulk of it. So why do you for one minute think COVID-19 and all it's mutant strains will be wiped out by November?

It's a bit like all the posts I read about "when the vaccine comes out". How can those folks be sure there will even be an effective vaccine. Again, it was partially developed we are told, but never used for SARS. Even our Flu vaccines each year are a guess as to which maybe 3 strains might be most prevalent to target.

I wish I had the crystal ball on all this that some do. In the meantime, right or wrong advice from those that "seem" to know better than me, thank you to all who wear their masks to protect me as I do mine to protect you when out in public!

Do you think you'll be able to enter the US?????? Will you???? WHY !!!

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

FULLTIMEWANABE

De Winton, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/20 03:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

FULLTIMEWANABE wrote:

philh wrote:

Hey Tom, I'm by no means saying we'll be able to do anything or anything will happen, hence I don't have a crystal ball in all this like "some" seem to make statements implying they do! At the end of the day the USA has the right to keep us out of there same as other countries have same right to do so with their countries.

As for WILL I? If I'm RVing then possibly, because I personally believe we are more socially distant than being in a SnB. We wear masks when we are out in public for groceries/gas, sanitize to the point our skin is almost dropping off, which begs the question if we'll have resistance to anything at the end of all this, and we tend to boondock remotely so ...........

WHY? Why not if we are legally allowed to and we feel that the risk is no worse than staying home for our individual circumstances.

At the end of the day it would be more in the interest financially I would think for the USA to open to Canadians than the other way around from a "travel perspective of dollar spending". Assuming the data of for every 2 Canadians heading south only 1 American heads into Canada. But again, I know absolutely nothing or diddly squat for sure so .......

I was just saying, why are people making the assumptions they are about being over by November, or a vaccine coming out, when none of us knows anything in that regards, and can only hope we are being guided right on the internationally worldwide general consensus to "wash/sanitize hands regularly", "keep social distance" and sneeze/cough into our bent elbows. That and being urged to wear masks to protect others, all of the aforementioned we try to follow. We are not about to predict anything. We do have a loose plan of "would like to do's", if things are safer and when opened up eventually.

We aren't in anyway trying to cause an argument. Just curious how so many folks are so confident referencing taking an unknown side effects vaccine that will supposedly be here soon and having a timeframe for when this will all be over!

FULLTIMEWANABE

De Winton, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/20 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OMG. LOL, I just realized what you meant by "all over in November". That's when your elections are done. LMAO.

I thought rather than edit the above, I'd let you Americans all keep on laughing at me. Please don't hold my dumbness against my fellow Canucks.

Hope you all get the right "person" for the job when the time comes! [emoticon]

doxiemom11

Paris Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/20 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are full-time, so will be heading south. We will make reservations, pay online or by phone for our site and have our site # when we drive in. No contact necessary. Heading for a small town that has had 238 cases in the county. We don't have to be within 6' of anyone and practice safety when pumping gas or grocery shopping. Life will be about the same as it is here in MI for the summer. The only things that would change where we go is winter weather predictions, or states closing their borders, but we have to go somewhere warmer. Not spending winter in MI where we are for the summer.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/20 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FULLTIMEWANABE wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

FULLTIMEWANABE wrote:

philh wrote:

Hey Tom, I'm by no means saying we'll be able to do anything or anything will happen, hence I don't have a crystal ball in all this like "some" seem to make statements implying they do! At the end of the day the USA has the right to keep us out of there same as other countries have same right to do so with their countries.

As for WILL I? If I'm RVing then possibly, because I personally believe we are more socially distant than being in a SnB. We wear masks when we are out in public for groceries/gas, sanitize to the point our skin is almost dropping off, which begs the question if we'll have resistance to anything at the end of all this, and we tend to boondock remotely so ...........

WHY? Why not if we are legally allowed to and we feel that the risk is no worse than staying home for our individual circumstances.

At the end of the day it would be more in the interest financially I would think for the USA to open to Canadians than the other way around from a "travel perspective of dollar spending". Assuming the data of for every 2 Canadians heading south only 1 American heads into Canada. But again, I know absolutely nothing or diddly squat for sure so .......

I was just saying, why are people making the assumptions they are about being over by November, or a vaccine coming out, when none of us knows anything in that regards, and can only hope we are being guided right on the internationally worldwide general consensus to "wash/sanitize hands regularly", "keep social distance" and sneeze/cough into our bent elbows. That and being urged to wear masks to protect others, all of the aforementioned we try to follow. We are not about to predict anything. We do have a loose plan of "would like to do's", if things are safer and when opened up eventually.

We aren't in anyway trying to cause an argument. Just curious how so many folks are so confident referencing taking an unknown side effects vaccine that will supposedly be here soon and having a timeframe for when this will all be over!

Good luck, my wife's cousin is marred to an Canadian....... they have not been able to see each other since March. She works in Canada so they cannot get together till this ends. I know many,many Canadians and they are the best but in today's world I cannot see them and they cannot come here..... this sucks.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/20 10:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Parks, Campgrounds, and Attractions.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> 100 days till snowbirding........ maybe not
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.