Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

no hot water..help please

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready for first trip this year.

TT was winterized. I have city water hooked up at my house. Turned cutoffs as shown in the photo for normal operation.

WHW running on propane, gets hot and cuts off.

When I run hot water I get warm water, but not hot. Acts like it is mixing or just no leaving the tank which is blowing my mind.

I have double checked the cut off settings. I drained the tank when winterized so no antifreeze would be in it. Switched cutoffs back and this is what I get. Can feel the tank and it is hot. Took about 15 minutes 1st time before cutting off so pretty sure I have hot water in the tank. How do I get it out ๐Ÿ™‚

Any ideas?

2500rl GD TT 2019

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our shower faucet and apparently, despite being so cautious, switched the hot and cold sides just before closing up the wall. Guess who searched all over to figure out why the hot water was cold.

At least your 10 year old didn't find the cause....
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, having the courage to ask speaks volumes.....why not take advantage of the resources right ?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not a dumb as....! You want a list of my mistakes? lol
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
All good, i do stuff like that all the time! No big deal......
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
riven1950 wrote:
Thanks, I figured out the problem. I just installed a new faucet in S&B and was trying to operate the one handle in the TT same way. Once I ACTUALLY turned to hot it works. What a dumb A__!!

Do not put yourself down like that
You asked the needed question (And I might add got very good advice even it it was NOT the problem in this case) and you figured it out.

Both indicate intelligence.
Far too many do not ask and end up spending 100 or more to find out they missed that outside shower mixer valve or something equally face palm worthy.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I figured out the problem. I just installed a new faucet in S&B and was trying to operate the one handle in the TT same way. Once I ACTUALLY turned to hot it works. What a dumb A__!!

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
First i would just open the hot water, do you have pressure? If not then maybe the tank valves are not open correctly. Or the water hose to the faucet may be pinched( less chance of that).
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

ndrorder
Explorer
Explorer
Mixing can happen when the "mixer (middle) valve" in the normal photo is open. It can also happen when both valves are open on a faucet such as an outside shower or faucet.