cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F600 going into production without diesel engine

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
The F600 is finally going into production on August 17th but without the Powerstroke.

Ford Authority, F600

This is probably due to the shortage of Powerstrokes which is due to Covid-19 in Mexico. Also, it is for the 2020 model. The 2021 model could come out not long after the 2020 finally gets going.
4 REPLIES 4

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
I bet it has a lot to do with the emissions certification of the class it is in. Same reasons why a lot of other diesels were late to market. The EPA's overly strict and ever changing diesel emissions regulations are making it harder to bring them to market. I bet the same will eventually happen to gasoline engine as more EV's come to market especially since nobody cares about these EPA regulations until it is too late and most just do as their told believing it is what is best for them without even verifying it.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
The F600 is basically a F550 with a heavier suspension. Less expensive than the F650.

blt2ski wrote:
If main target is local delivery, a diesel may not be first choice for some businesses. With major difference in cost, fuel savings etc, if these trucks never go more than 50-100 miles from warehouse etc,.......
With that said, some will do what I would call a long local distance useage, where a diesel makes sense if driven 50+k Mike's a year.

JRscooby wrote:
And for a truck that can always fuel at the same place converting a spark fired engine to NG is pretty easy

I agree with the first statement, but probably not the second.

I worked in the CNG conversion business for a short time before the price of crude oil and gasoline dropped. CNG is still NOT cost effective, except maybe in a few cases. The tanks are very large and expensive.

In some areas LP can be cost effective IF you have a large fleet, have room for your own storage and fueling and can negotiate a yearly price on the fuel itself.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
And for a truck that can always fuel at the same place converting a spark fired engine to NG is pretty easy

blt2ski
If main target is local delivery, a diesel may not be first choice for some businesses. With major difference in cost, fuel savings etc, if these trucks never go more than 50-100 miles from warehouse etc,.......
With that said, some will do what I would call a long local distance useage, where a diesel makes sense if driven 50+k Mike's a year. Under this.....
Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer