cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen wall options

Mike_Tucson
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone install a screen wall from Amazon? I have tried to get one from the Dealer, from Forest River, and from another RV Dealer and the lack of assistance is intolerable. I also contacted Top Stitch, they said they would get back to me with pricing, over a week ago. I have decided to simply buy one off Amazon, they are also cheaper. The reviews look good but, nothing on youtube, nothing in forums (that I can find through the search). I would think this to be a popular topic.....
9 REPLIES 9

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
dedmiston wrote:
WhitehouseLV wrote:
Carefree of Colorado used to sell the Outback Awning & Room for Toyhauler ramps. Not sure if its discontinued or if your still able to purchase a new one. I think justALnow had one, maybe Aktravler. Seems to me they posted pics if I remember correctly.

That's a deep pull. I'm friends with Al on Facebook, but I haven't seen him online here in years.

lol, it is

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

dedmiston
WhitehouseLV wrote:
Carefree of Colorado used to sell the Outback Awning & Room for Toyhauler ramps. Not sure if its discontinued or if your still able to purchase a new one. I think justALnow had one, maybe Aktravler. Seems to me they posted pics if I remember correctly.

That's a deep pull. I'm friends with Al on Facebook, but I haven't seen him online here in years.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one from Stoett about 8 years ago for my last trailer. They were very helpful. Give them a call.

https://shop.stoett.com/sportscreen-retractable-screens-for-rv/
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
what's a screen wall?
waiting to hear the answer to this.

It's a screen that covers the back opening in a toy hauler. Usually a pull down type screen.
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
valhalla360 wrote:
what's a screen wall?
waiting to hear the answer to this.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

dedmiston
Mike_Tucson wrote:
Anyone install a screen wall from Amazon? I have tried to get one from the Dealer, from Forest River, and from another RV Dealer and the lack of assistance is intolerable. I also contacted Top Stitch, they said they would get back to me with pricing, over a week ago. I have decided to simply buy one off Amazon, they are also cheaper. The reviews look good but, nothing on youtube, nothing in forums (that I can find through the search). I would think this to be a popular topic.....

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but I initially had bad luck when I called the factory for our hauler, but once I asked them for the name & number of their approved parts dealer things improved right away. I've had great luck with our parts dealer and even visited them in Elkhart when I was back there and needed to replace a fender.

As far as Amazon goes though, I'd be nervous about buying something like this from them. It won't be an Amazon item, so you might have trouble with returns if the screen doesn't fit.

The screen wall is a great thing to have though. We only use ours 2-3 times a year, but it's fantastic when we use it. Just make sure it always retracts all the way up before you drive any tall toys into the garage. Also, if your ramp has mounts for the patio rails, the mounts will destroy the screen if it's even down by an inch or so.

Good luck!

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think a screen tent? backs up to your rv door. just a guess.

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
what's a screen wall?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV