cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIN Location on 2000 Damon Intruder, F53

Hoosier56
Explorer
Explorer
I was finally ready to take the RV to the local police station to get the VIN verified so I can go to the BMV and transfer title from MT to IN. Before I left, I started searching for the VIN on the RV. Cannot find it. I searched the usual places but nothing. Can someone tell me where I can find the VIN on a 2000 Damon Intruder on a F53 chassis so I can show the officer where it is so he can verify it? Thank You in advance, Mike
5 REPLIES 5

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could also check the inside of driver/passenger doors if you have them. The standard place would be if you look from the outside thru the windshield, there should be a metal plate with the VIN # embedded into the dash. Hard to see from the inside - only readable from the outside looking in. This would be on the drivers side in the corner.

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
When I had my Damon I believe it was in one of the closets in the rear bedroom. Might have also been in a cabinet above the driver.
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

Hoosier56
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot find the metal tab on either side of the radiator frame. My radiator is covered with a transmission cooler and then an oil cooler on top of that. If there is a metal tab, it is buried. Pulled doghouse cover and tried to find it from that side but no luck. Cannot find the vehicle certification label. Found the label that gives GVR and recommended tire pressures but no VIN. I will continue to search. Mike

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a 2005. There is a small cabnet over the driver's side window INSIDE is a Sticker with the info.

I assume there is a rivited vin somewhere. Have yet to find it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The VIN is stamped on a metal tab riveted to the left-hand vertical radiator support. The VIN number is also found on the vehicle certification (VC) label.
It may also be on a label stuck to the wall next to the driver's seat.