Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chinese RV factory visit

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Skip to 54 min if you dont like to watch airport procedures

Looks like class B built on Isuzu trucks,
dont say anything about price unfortunately or if they will export here.

https://youtu.be/wVB-FtGGBqo
6 REPLIES 6

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Not sure why anyone would want to wish bad for someone else. Instead, why don't Canadian and American manufacturers just improve the quality of their products to compete?
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
mleekamp wrote:

Isn't Buick still building one of their models in China?
Probably, China will up their game and meet our safety standards in the not too distant future. If their cars are priced right, Americans will buy Chinese cars. Remember Yugo?
I agree, everyone is at least somewhat biased.

Yes, Buick is the #1 selling brand (non-chinese brand) in China. All current Buick models are designed for the Chinese market, and all Buicks made in China are sold there....the Buicks sold in US are made in US/Canada.

And I agree, China in general is uping standards to get into the US market for autos/trucks.

BTW, I actually have a Chinese friend...he was an intern at work for 4 months over 10 years ago, now works there full time. Made me proud that he explored our country every weekend...flying to Denver, LA, NY, Miami, etc. Driving other places. He loved this country so much that he applied for citizenship. His first day in US, his rental car got a flat tire. A random citizen pulled over to help him (he had no idea how or what to do). He was scared...but then surprised he not only got help, they didn't charge him anything. I said, welcome to the midwest, friend! Point is...he said he was conditioned to dislike US, to be afraid of them (I'm sure similar to Russia/US relationship in cold war). There are good people all over...

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
mleekamp wrote:
Also, before the imported virus, remember they were trying to get cars passed the NHSTA safety standards?

Call me biased....because all humans are.

Isn't Buick still building one of their models in China?
Probably, China will up their game and meet our safety standards in the not too distant future. If their cars are priced right, Americans will buy Chinese cars. Remember Yugo?
I agree, everyone is at least somewhat biased.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, won't even consider one. Sure, they look nice to start with...but I'll stick with the units made in USA....poor/better quality either way. Just don't think I could trust it. As an example, I know drywall is not used in an RV, but remember chinese drywall? No thanks.

Also, before the imported virus, remember they were trying to get cars passed the NHSTA safety standards? So far, they can't. Japanese, Korean (south), English, Italian, etc cars all make it in. Even our made in (mexico) USA cars.

Call me biased....because all humans are.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
hope they have a hard time selling anything. after all look what they have done, and never fired a shot. they ain,t stupid they know what there doing.

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bet the quality control will be better than the ones slapped together here.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY