cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 WW FSC3200 A/C Issue

Lovesdunes
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone. We have had this toy hauler since new. Have never had any electrical issues until this last week. The A/C will not come on. It was working great for 3 days, then the next day it would not do anything. I can hear clicking coming from the A/C intake in the ceiling when I slide the temperature setting up and down but that's about it. I replaced both capacitors in the A/C unit itself yesterday.

The fan does not blow in any setting.

Is there a circuit breaker for the A/C that I have forgotten about? I can't help but think this is an easy fix. I am OK with admitting operator error.
8 REPLIES 8

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Lovesdunes wrote:
nayther wrote:
we had that same t'stat in our Rage'n, did not like it for that reason. They sell a conversion kit that includes a digital thermostat, way mo betta.

That would be much better. We will definitely look into that. Thanks.

I bought the kit from Benlo RV in Irwindale. Tom is the owner and super helpful.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Lovesdunes
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
we had that same t'stat in our Rage'n, did not like it for that reason. They sell a conversion kit that includes a digital thermostat, way mo betta.

That would be much better. We will definitely look into that. Thanks.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Lovesdunes wrote:
carringb wrote:
Great! But why did they trip? Are you plugged in at a park? If it tripped, the park power is probably dropping too low, and this alone will damage your windings in the A/C.

The circuit breaker tripped from user error at the thermostat. My fault. I was setting the temperature and moved the temperature slider up and down too many times trying to get just the right temp. The A/C turning off and on too many times tripped the breaker.

Will happen every time. Compressor gets its cooling from the refrigerant flow. If it is not allowed to run long enough between starts it overheats, sometimes breaker trips, other times the compressor's internal overload trips and will only reset after it cools

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Lovesdunes
Explorer
Explorer
carringb wrote:
Great! But why did they trip? Are you plugged in at a park? If it tripped, the park power is probably dropping too low, and this alone will damage your windings in the A/C.

The circuit breaker tripped from user error at the thermostat. My fault. I was setting the temperature and moved the temperature slider up and down too many times trying to get just the right temp. The A/C turning off and on too many times tripped the breaker.

Lovesdunes
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Good deal, glad you solved the problem. Welcome aboard!

Thanks. Lots of good reading here. Hopefully we will be getting out a little bit more. Trailer has been sitting for too long.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Y-Guy
Good deal, glad you solved the problem. Welcome aboard!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Lovesdunes
Explorer
Explorer
Well after some more searching, I found the circuit breakers under the stove. I could have sworn there were pots and pans in there. Problem solved.