cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PSA ---- MORE Harbor Freight RECALL--PLEASE READ

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Remember a few weeks ago Harbor Freight recalled some of their jack stands? Well, there's more. Here's the email....Dennis
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm writing to apologize. I often reach out to tell you about Harbor Freight's commitment to quality and all the investments we've made to deliver quality tools at the lowest prices. Your trust matters deeply to me and I'm proud of how far we've come. So when we have a product recall, it hurts.

A few months ago, we recalled our Pittsburgh 3 ton and 6 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56371, 61196 and 61197) due to a manufacturer's defect. We asked customers to return them and receive a gift card that could be used to purchase replacement jack stands. I felt terrible about that recall because you should never have a concern about the safety of any of our products.

Today, I feel even worse. I'm disappointed and embarrassed because we've identified a welding defect in a small number of the Pittsburgh 3 ton steel jack stands (SKU 56373) that replaced the recalled jack stands. We're now adding these jack stands to our recall. Unfortunately, this defect wasn't discovered during the initial recall investigation. If you own these jack stands or any of the jack stands in our original recall, whether or not you have had an issue with them, please stop using them immediately and bring them back to your local Harbor Freight Store for a full cash refund or store credit (see details here).

We have investigated all of our other Pittsburgh 3 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56371, 56372 and 57308) as well as the Pittsburgh 6 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56368, 56369 and 56370) and Pittsburgh 12 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56374 and 56375) and did not find the defect. Although none of these other jack stands are being recalled, if you own any of them and have any concern whatsoever, please bring them back and we'll give you a full cash refund or store credit for those as well.

I want to apologize to all of our customers. While we've dramatically grown our team of engineers and inspectors, and intensified our tests and inspections, I assure you that the lessons learned from this will drive further improvement.

As the owner and founder of Harbor Freight, I want you to know that we stand behind every product we sell and that safety will always be our top priority.

Sincerely,
eric_sig.jpg
Eric Smidt
Owner and Founder
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG
7 REPLIES 7

TS21sso
Explorer
Explorer
T18skyguy wrote:
It's a nice mea culpa letter, but I learned my lesson with their stuff years ago. If its a tool for a critical operation, or safety related, or you need it to last, buy elsewhere. I bought their AC manifold pressure gauge set and it exploded in my face, and I was using it correctly. It could have blinded me.

Bought a 100ft #12 HD extension cord many years ago. First time I went to use it, wouldnโ€™t convey current. Did a continuity check and one leg was defective. Took it back for exchange and because it was more than 30 days MGR said he couldnโ€™t (wouldnโ€™t )exchange it, although you could see it had not been used. His choice, been in a HB store once in the eight years since, and spent $7.00.
Solution: bought new male & female plugs repaired cord, still using today.
When will these places learn that we as consumers do have a choice where we will and where we wont spend our money.

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder how many lawsuits have already been filed. This could get really expensive!

luv2tup
Explorer
Explorer
Most harbor freight stuff is disposable, made in China ****. I'd rather spend more to get quality tools that will last.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
It's a nice mea culpa letter, but I learned my lesson with their stuff years ago. If its a tool for a critical operation, or safety related, or you need it to last, buy elsewhere. I bought their AC manifold pressure gauge set and it exploded in my face, and I was using it correctly. It could have blinded me.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
They don't call it the one use tool store for nothing.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Back in the "olden days" nothing was recalled. Better now.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Marcus could take notes....
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point