cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1976 Ford Midas

LeuCypher
Explorer
Explorer
So I just won a 76 ford midas at auction no key dunno if it runs or drives and I need to know the specs on it so I can order an auto transport to get it home. Does anyone know where I can find the length, height, width, and weight? Also if you have one or have had one can you tell me a little about what I'm getting into if I want to get it running and liveable? What engine? Common problems? Suggestions if I just want to fix it up to flip it? Any knowledge you all have would be much appreciated. Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^And hope there’s more to it and its cherry and just needs a key, but if it only needed a key, I’d hot wire it.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
X2, Grit.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Unless there’s more to this story, it may not be worth as much as the tow bill and the disposal bill. RVs aren’t cheap to get rid of. Hope they paid you for it and not the other way around.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
LeuCypher wrote:
So I just won a 76 ford midas at auction no key dunno if it runs or drives and I need to know the specs on it so I can order an auto transport to get it home. Does anyone know where I can find the length, height, width, and weight? Also if you have one or have had one can you tell me a little about what I'm getting into if I want to get it running and liveable? What engine? Common problems? Suggestions if I just want to fix it up to flip it? Any knowledge you all have would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Round figures- 25 feet long, 10 feet high, 8 feet wide, 10,000 pounds. In any case too big to fit on a conventional auto transport. If I were to bet I'd say it will cost much more than a typical car to ship. Engine- likely either a 5.8L (351) or 7.5L (460) V8, carbureted of course. Common problems? In a 45 year old RV, too many to list. It could have just basic maintenance needs, or it could be a complete basket case. You won't know until you get it and tear into it. Good luck, I'm looking forward to hearing about what it's like when you get it.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.copart.com/lot/36748997
There is a weight sticker in the pictures for this one.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

LeuCypher
Explorer
Explorer
The listing says 1976 Ford Chateau but a Google search doesn't pull anything. A Google search for a 1976 Ford Midas pulls up the Midas M-226 which matches the picture but most of them are on a GMC or dodge...

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The market for a fixed up 45 year old RV is limited IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
There are listings for both, search pictures and try to match what you got. You cant get any info without the make and model. Its always possable someone kit bashed it also. I cant see you picture.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

LeuCypher
Explorer
Explorer
The list said 1976 Ford Chateau but the pics show ford on the hood and Midas over the top...

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Ok , quick search, looks like there are 5 models, so model number would be needed for any specs. And you sure its not a gmc? I see midas motorhome and gmc midas, no ford midas.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.