cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sway master bracket failure.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
My bracket broke and jammed my steering when the sway bar dropped. The control arm on the sway bar also broke . Luckily I was in reverse backing onto a small road near my fishing destination. Had to drive back to town, 40 miles, and purchase a socket. I strapped up the sway bar to make the journey. After tons of research and failing to fabricate my own, I found they used the original Ford bracket . Well, that rattle I could not find for the last year, that was it.

My usual creeper and flashlight inspection didn't show it. I will be taking a closer look for sure.
3 REPLIES 3

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh I thought it was an ongoing problem.....you know how many problems those Fords have with their front suspension.

We that have Chevy Based RVs don't seem to have any of those problems.....:B :B:B Sorry had to poke the bear a little bit.

Have a great camping season,hopefully we all can get out soon.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
WOW that is the second time you have had this problem in a month. I would think a whole new replacement front end would in order.

Oh man, :S I forgot I posted about this before when I was talking about the fuel issue. I guess i can't delete it huh.

Well, maybe it's just an update on my search for a bracket......Thanks for keeping an eye on me.....

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW that is the second time you have had this problem in a month. I would think a whole new replacement front end would in order.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C