cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cobb grill

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any of you camp cooks have, had or used a Cobb grill. Just purchased my first and am eager to try it. Unfortunately am house bound for a while, but definitely eager to try it.
Any hints?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
5 REPLIES 5

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had our first cook on our Cobb. One half chicken. Didn't play mr. know it all and followed their instructions as far a number of charcoal briquettes, etc. Turned out fantastic. Even did potatoes in the moat. Can't say enough good things about this slow cooker. It is a bit of a pain to clean, especially when you burn food on to it.
[img][/img]
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Tumnus
Explorer
Explorer
We have one and quite enjoy it. We use charcoal briquettes not cobblestones and have always been successful.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
My main objective is to use it as a smoker and to cook roasts, etc. I have grates for charbroiling steaks, etc. I wan a slow cooker that I can control the heat & smoke for an extended period of time.
Thanks for all the input.

Oldtymeflyr
Explorer
Explorer
I had one for a few years. Its not really a grill in the classic sense. It will not sear. Difficult to do something like a grilled steak. Maybe a roast steak without the crust. Hamburgers, take awhile and have more of a done in the microwave look.

The only thing I found it cooked well was chicken with lots of charcoal. It is also a smoker if you choose to use it that way. Tells you something about the temperature.

Its gone.

Best.

Rick

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one an absolute waste of money. Tried to cook rib eye steak and it was totally useless. The fuel is expensive and does not heat enough. Return it and get your money before you use it.. I tried to sell mine and the new owner sent it back. ebay screwed me and I am in a fight with them still it has been two years.