cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travellogues

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I think it was this site if not this forum that sometime ago Folks who traveled a lot Full itmers would post a travel louge of the places they visited.
I wish they would again to again so others might see places they would l like to visit themselves and actual RV Parks etc facilities we don't stumble into a mud hole when we do visit. The online or other brocures leave a lot of reality left out.
6 REPLIES 6

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
We've got the last two of our trips posted over on Wordpress if anybody is interested...they are long reads but you're welcome to read them.
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you like lots of photos of snowy mountains and lonely boondocking campsites, check out my blog (see link in my signature, below). Not much discussion of RV parks, though. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

the_e-man
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Down Home,

I agree. It's great to get first hand knowledge of a place before you visit. I like the travel blogs that share a lot of pictures.

As agesilaus said, many travel bloggers are on YouTube. Another great place to discover them is on Instagram. You can search on a hashtag like #rvlife and you'll see tons of great pictures from rv and camping people. When you find one you like, you can follow them. And, most rv bloggers on Instagram also have blog sites and/or YouTube.

I guess you just have to figure out if you like reading (blogs), pictures (Instagram) or video (YouTube) best.

And thanks to JV for the page with all of the links. Lot's to explore.
2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
2010 Ram 2500
Travel Trail Sail - Info on Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
While I have to admit I have not been as good as in the past at keeping the links up, I have 100's of links to travel blogs & journals here.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to bookmark our travel journal though we have now quit traveling and spend our summers in the Smokies. Our subscription to the Trip Journal site will expire in one month after 12 years of subscription and posting about every stop (with lots of pictures) on those six month trips covering all 49 continental US states and a good many provinces of Canada. I believe the multiyear listing will go away after the subscription expires Aug 7 and only the current year will be available.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are many of these they just moved to youTube. Try Grand Adventure for one, Guido has over a hundred and many are about specific locations. You can type in the youTube search "RV the-area-you-are-looking-at" and you'll pop up a number of videos for almost any area.

TR Bowlin is another that I used to follow, he has a lot of boondocking and other spots in ID-WY-MT but he seems to be quitting blogging and buying a house. He has a bunch of DIY projects too.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper