Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Costco batteries
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
cliffy49

Blue Grass

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/20 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the Costco [email protected] 6 volt batteries in the last 18-24 months.

I am thinking about converting my single Marine/RV battery to 2 6 volt deep cycle batteries. Since Costco is about a mile and a half from the house they were my first choice. After reading the reviews for the Interstate GC2 I am not sure.

All the reviews I have read on the Costco site are very bad if not down right horrible. I realize that most reviews seem to be written by some one that has had a bad experience with the product, that is why I am asking for any new users or purchasers to give me some insight on there experience.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Costco now sells Interstate brand batteries. None are Costco/Kirkland brand.

corvettekent

Marysville, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/20 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not all Interstate GC batteries are the same. If you Google Interstate Battery you will find a local dealer that you can buy the Interstate Industral battery from. Mine are 4 years old and still going strong.

2007.5 GMC Dually EC/LB, LMM. Banks IQ, Speed Brake, Six Gun. B&W Turnover Ball, Companion Hitch, Amp power steps. Hadley Air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT and four 6 volt batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

RedRollingRoadblock

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought (4) 6 volt from them about 16 months ago. Doing as expected.

Ad a watering system and keep them happy. Flow-Rite is one. On Amazon and some auto part stores.

wopachop

lb

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 05:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cliffy49 wrote:

Since Costco is about a mile and a half from the house they were my first choice. After reading the reviews for the Interstate GC2 I am not sure.
Mine have a sticker that says 2/19. They are the lighter weight batteries that get the bad reviews. Ive been taking specific gravity notes since brand new. Mine are working fine, but i barely use them. Only been weekend camping 3 or 4 times. They dont even have 30 cycles on them. For a battery rated for 1000s.

The graphs ive seen say they dont even reach full capacity until over 100 cycles. Good chance mine will die from age instead of cycling.

I will know their entire life. Curious myself to see how it goes. I would say buy them for these reasons.

1. Price is good
2. Costco is close
3. Guessing youre not a full time boondocker that will drain and charge the batteries daily?

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/20 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Purchased two GC2 batteries from Costco back in Feb 2019. Been working great. Just put a 65a load on them for 80 min. as a test a couple of days ago. Voltage was 12.25v at the end of the test. Took about 3 hours to charge them to 90-95% with a 45a converter. No complaints.

Crabbypatty

Long Island, New York

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/20 03:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not all 6 volt batteries are the same. Buy Industrial not commercial grade and you get what you pay for. Buy cheap get cheap. I bought Trojan t 125 forklift batteries for my first TT. Sold it at 10 years Batts still going strong. Second TT it was a no brainer, bought another set but after 4 years we decided to trade up. Bough a fifth wheel and took the Trojans off of the Sunnybrook and installed in the fiver then added two more. Four batteries 480 amps. Yes they are $450 for two, but 10+ years of perfect service, is worth it to me as we dry camp more than plug in.

What you really need to understand is that flooded cell batteries if you discharge them more than 50% you shortening their life. After using a VOM to check batteries I installed a Trimetric battery meter. Just got back from a week on the beach. Dry camped and with solar and inverter never started the generator.

John, Lisa & Tara">">">
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/20 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The golf cart batteries at Sam's Club have good ratings on their website.... Duracell.

* This post was last edited 07/04/20 08:47am by Gulfcoast *   View edit history

GTO66

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/20 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure if there the best but the price good, and much better than what you have. Enough stores across the country to easily exchange. Back in the day I bought sears batteries for the same reason, but that ship has sailed...

kscaddo

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/20 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not 18-24 months, but I bought 6 of the Costco bats in 2015 for my golf cart. All dead about 6 months ago. OTOH, The Sam's Club bats I had prior lasted almost 8 years. YMMV & regards.

2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
2018 Ram 3500 4X4 Cummins
Archibald of Appin the Scottie.">

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.