Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Mach 15 a/c not cooling well
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Mach 15 a/c not cooling well

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I predict it's the trailer and not the A/C. I've had many trailers and they all were hot in the summer.

parcany

Arizona City

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On our Jayco 33 RLDS we had only had 1 15 thousand Btu A/c. I took all the vents out of the ceiling and wrapped tape around the cone part then put the vents back in. Also on the very farthest vents away from the a/c while the vents were out I took some styraphone and blocked the duct past the vent. So when the a/c is on the cold air does not go past the farthest vent and comes out. Made a big differance in the way the a/c works. Also installed digital thermostats. In 105 temps kept the trailer 75 degrees. nice and cool Did the same mods to our Jayco Bungalow and the new Jayfeather. Made one big difference.

* This post was edited 07/11/20 08:57pm by parcany *

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/20 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

parcany wrote:

On our Jayco 33 RLDS we had only had 1 15 thousand Btu A/c. I took all the vents out of the ceiling and wrapped tape around the cone part then put the vents back in. Also on the very farthest vents away from the a/c while the vents were out I took some styraphone and blocked the duct past the vent. So when the a/c is on the cold air does not go past the farthest vent and comes out. Made a big differance in the way the a/c works. Also installed digital thermostats. In 105 temps kept the trailer 75 degrees. nice and cool Did the same mods to our Jayco Bungalow and the new Jayfeather. Made one big difference.

Good information to know.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Mach 15 a/c not cooling well
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.