Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Crank Case Filter replacement
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Crank Case Filter replacement

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
teeznu

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/20 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, I did a search on the above topic and didn't find anything and I'm thinking "I'm not the first to replace the Crank Case Filter"
So, I'll be going down thru the bedroom floor (rear radiator) and I just thought I'd ask for some suggestions or look outs.
All are appreciated
ISL 400 8.9 diesel engine
Thanks

ken1961

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/20 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I remove cover for engine in the bedroom, remove valve cover, replace filter, put valve cover back on with the reusable gasket.

Ken

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/20 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Add wash the top of the engine down to get it clean before you start. Don't want that stuff inside the engine.

teeznu

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/20 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To those that responded to the ISL 400 8.9L diesel crank case filter reply.

This year the ISL 400 Crank Case filter is a "One piece" filter/housing. I picked it up at Cummins Salt Lake City UT. Just a mere $371.47 cents. (just a wee bit of an OUCH)

The hard part was getting to the top of the engine, going down thru the bedroom floor and one of the screws to the metal cover was under the bed. (****)

Now, for those of you who "dare" to take this simple-easy-rewarding task on, here's the deal. The housing comes apart! The "filter" comes out. You can buy the filter at 4 States Trucking (Joplin, MO) for a mere 90.99 cents. Free shipping on orders over $100.00 so I picked up and oil filter for 30 bucks. Bingo.

Since this is very valuable information and to help pay for the original filter ($371.47) just send me 5 dollars and we'll call it even.

Have fun!

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/20 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

teeznu wrote:

To those that responded to the ISL 400 8.9L diesel crank case filter reply.

This year the ISL 400 Crank Case filter is a "One piece" filter/housing. I picked it up at Cummins Salt Lake City UT. Just a mere $371.47 cents. (just a wee bit of an OUCH)

The hard part was getting to the top of the engine, going down thru the bedroom floor and one of the screws to the metal cover was under the bed. (****)

Now, for those of you who "dare" to take this simple-easy-rewarding task on, here's the deal. The housing comes apart! The "filter" comes out. You can buy the filter at 4 States Trucking (Joplin, MO) for a mere 90.99 cents. Free shipping on orders over $100.00 so I picked up and oil filter for 30 bucks. Bingo.

Since this is very valuable information and to help pay for the original filter ($371.47) just send me 5 dollars and we'll call it even.

Have fun!

Is the CC filter any thing like this filter? GRIN
Do I get ½ of the $5?

Richard

95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
Web Master
MWPSchooners.com
First brake job
1941 Hudson

teeznu

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/20 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, it could be???????

I show this------ Part # 5263986

Tks ole buddy.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Crank Case Filter replacement
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.