cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for new boondocking / dispersed sites

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
Took two different days and went to the National Forest to find some new dispersed sites, the NF. is less than a 1 hr. from home but has many miles of roads that lead to nice camping spots. We are lucky to live so close to so many lakes and streams and having the van is a great plus for day trips and camping in the forest.
Here is a few pictures.

J herb
3 REPLIES 3

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a map and wander around. That is how you find the great sites.

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Yeah, being able to just pull over and do whatever makes life so much easier. I should have never spoiled my wife with our first RV, a 37' motor-home 30 years ago. I'd love just toss a camper on my truck and take off and not worry about having a reservation somewhere.

James, we have a 17' Casita trailer for 18 years and we love it and use it for longer trips and the van for towing it. The van is great for two or three days, this is the third conversion van for us and we love it for short trips. On our drive last week all the open campgrounds were full and it was nice to find a dispersed place to have lunch and take a hike.
J herb

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, being able to just pull over and do whatever makes life so much easier. I should have never spoiled my wife with our first RV, a 37' motor-home 30 years ago. I'd love just toss a camper on my truck and take off and not worry about having a reservation somewhere.