cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Support trailer water tanks

toddb
Explorer
Explorer
I'm wanting to add water tanks to my trailer. I found tanks by class A customs that will fit between the cross members without giving up to much ground clearance. I'd like to add 2 20gal fresh and a 15gal grey tank.
I'm looking for solutions on how to vent the tanks, the trailer frame is 6" box and the deck on top of that. The frame rails are ~16" inboard so I can't really go vertical that far inside the floor. I thought about drilling through the frame and welding a pipe in to pass water lines through. Anyone have any other thoughts? I found marine deck fill ports that I could drive over so that may be a good option for that problem.

Todd
4 REPLIES 4

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most fresh water tanks exit the vent right next to the fill location under the same hatch. If you are towing a support trailer I would add at least 100 gals of fresh water. Keep the tank up front ahead of the axles as far as possible and centered in the trailer if you can.

I might do something like this against the inside front wall of the trailer standing on end (like in the pic) so you only lose 11" of floor space.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Holding tank vent can be 1/4" flex tubing (but 1/2" would be better), who you'd have to find a way to route up. Preferably above the roof, but 4' above still would work.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Your trailer is what it is but if you can make the waste tank(s) equal to the fresh water aboard, life will be easier.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Did you mean to publish this in the Truck Camper forum?
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.