cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canadian Snowbird Future

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Just a bit worried that the border will still be closed come this fall, I understand this virus is a pain but in the end it's not Ebola,,,i's the flu! Since this whole thing started we went into "self isolation" mode while in Florida and did the full quarantine protocols when we arrived back home as ordered and so far we don't know ANYONE either here or in our park in Florida who had the corona virus and neither do anyone else we know except one friend who's family member was on a cruise! Every new case in my part of Canada is mostly from migrant workers coming here to work the farms. I would be very interested to see the actual data on how many Canadian snowbirds were infected,, I think it would be exceptionally low if not 0.

Red Green: If life gives you lemons, throw 'em
into a quart of vodka.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
72 REPLIES 72

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not looking good.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/truck-drivers-say-keep-border-closed-to-non-essential-travel-...
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Also Canada is posting health personell at major crosdings. They will interview and maybe test travellers .

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
There was a bit on the morning news about the border closure.

An infectious disease expert was saying that the โ€˜second waveโ€™ is expected to coincide with the fall โ€˜typicalโ€™ flu season and as such the border should remain closed until at least December 31st.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
moisheh wrote:
Or maybe after the pot medicine you just do not care?

๐Ÿ™‚

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Or maybe after the pot medicine you just do not care?

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Tequila wrote:
BTW just saw a news item they are doing trials in quebec with an extract form tobacco. Same thing at the university in lethbridge with something from pot. The way it would work is not provide immunity but impede or lessen infection. If that just makes it like a normal bad cold or flu, that works.

Bring it on. Effective treatment is a nice compromise to a vaccine.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
BTW just saw a news item they are doing trials in quebec with an extract form tobacco. Same thing at the university in lethbridge with something from pot. The way it would work is not provide immunity but impede or lessen infection. If that just makes it like a normal bad cold or flu, that works.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Well its hard to say, this may become like the flu with an annual modified shot. It depends on what mechanism a vaccine uses. The first ones will be to develop antibodies, others they are working on attack it in a more generic way. The other SARS was easier to isolate. Toronto was lucky it had Dr Bonnie Henry on the job with that one. She is almost single handedly responsible for BC controlling this one, although I have to give the provincial government credit for stepping back and giving her complete control.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Reisender wrote:
Tequila wrote:
it will keep getting pushed ahead each month until it dies down in the US which likely wont be until a vaccine

Ojalรก. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thatโ€™s warm fuzzy dreams at best.

This virus is morphing and twisting to such an extent that the virus will likely look nothing like what it is today by the time they get a vaccine developed let alone tested and ready to administer to the population.

Just look at how many times in recent years the good olโ€™ โ€˜normalโ€™ flu was so different from the vaccine they shipped that it was nearly useless.

It took the best part of 3 years for SARS to disappear, this one is no less a monster.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Tequila wrote:
it will keep getting pushed ahead each month until it dies down in the US which likely wont be until a vaccine

Ojalรก. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Border closure extended another month to Aug 21. Here is hoping our American neighbours can get a handle on this soon.

Alberta had a significant bump today. 250 new cases. Ugh. Nasty virus.

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Pawatt, I grew up with Detroit across the river and never EVER thought of America as anything but our neighbors to the south of us and when they are hurt WE hurt right along side them as good friends do! If the US border would open to us Canadian snowbirds I will go, I will practice COMMON sense precautions for both us and our neighbors and enjoy the wonderful winters we have had as guests of our US friends down in the great sunshine state as we have for the last ten years regardless of who is president or whatever social issues they are experiencing!

Red Green: Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're
all in this together!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...