Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Cameo f35sb3 Tv antenna booster
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Cameo f35sb3 Tv antenna booster

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Petethescot

White Rock

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All newest problem,
Cannot get any channels using the antenna. I have been on roof disconnected coax up there and did a connectivity test behind tv. All is good there but I do not seen to have a booster switch or else I can’t find it. Not sure if that is issue.
Btw antenna is one of those circular multi directional so should not have to rotate antenna.
Any suggestions
Thanks again
Peter

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rv antenna,s are very poor most have a booster, find the cable at the tv and follow it. we took the org tv out put one in with a dvd player. our booster was in a cabinet you push a button to turn it on/off.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 07:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many places there is no TV reception, are there others nearby that have reception. You might not have an amplifier on that poor excuse for an antenna.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 08:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we have a amplified flat panel antenna which was worthless. Causing my wife considerable angst. I finally stuck it in a window and it works great. The body of our RV was blocking the signals.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you sure the TV input is on TV? You have run auto scan?

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 2003 Jetcraft 2125 - Yamaha 150 HP & 8 HP Kicker

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/20 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't have a Cameo, but do have a Carriage trailer. Our antenna is a Winegard and the booster is inside and at the bottom of the pantry cabinet. It looks like a 12 volt receptacle and a coax connector on a wall plate. It has a small push button switch and a green indicator light.

By the way, from the factory, the antennae was wired in such a way that it would never work.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/20 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actual the wall plate with the TV booster is a power supply for the booster that is in the antenna itself. This power supply also has a splitter and electric switch between cable input and OTA antenna input. To use the antenna the light has to be on indication it is sending the 12V DC to the booster in the antenna. The the TV has to be on TV and a channel scan has to be done to picked the channels in any given location. The two trailers that we currently have the power supply is in the bedroom.

The backside of the power supply has three coax connections. Cable in, Antenna in, and splitter output. The front has a second splitter output.

[image]
(Moderator edit to increase picture size)

* This post was edited 06/16/20 10:58am by an administrator/moderator *

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

M.R.E.

MI, usa

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/20 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The new multi-directional antennas on new trailers are junk. They don't work. Friends went to Walmart and bought one of their antennas and it works great.

toolmaker

Cameocarriage08

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/20 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have same RV as you do. Our booster is on switch plate to the right of the couch as your looking at the couch (and looking at back of RV). Little black button that turns the booster on.

8ntw8tn

Southeast Iowa & Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/20 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cameocarriage08 wrote:

I have same RV as you do. Our booster is on switch plate to the right of the couch as your looking at the couch (and looking at back of RV). Little black button that turns the booster on.

We're on our 3rd Carriage. All have had the booster in the same spot. The first two ('02 & '06) had a black on/off button with a green light that illuminated when the booster was on. The current RV in the signature has a red button only; in is on and out is off. Much preferred the previous models but it is what it is.

'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Cameo f35sb3 Tv antenna booster
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.