Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cameo f35sb3 Tv antenna booster

Petethescot
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All newest problem,
Cannot get any channels using the antenna. I have been on roof disconnected coax up there and did a connectivity test behind tv. All is good there but I do not seen to have a booster switch or else I canโ€™t find it. Not sure if that is issue.
Btw antenna is one of those circular multi directional so should not have to rotate antenna.
Any suggestions
Thanks again
Peter
11 REPLIES 11

Petethescot
Explorer
Explorer
thanks everyone for your input solved the problem the booster was faulty replaced it and all is good.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Again, it is the booster power supply, the booster it's self is in the antenna. It is to bad the newer ones do not have a light indicating that it has 12V DC to pass onto the booster.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
Cameocarriage08 wrote:
I have same RV as you do. Our booster is on switch plate to the right of the couch as your looking at the couch (and looking at back of RV). Little black button that turns the booster on.

We're on our 3rd Carriage. All have had the booster in the same spot. The first two ('02 & '06) had a black on/off button with a green light that illuminated when the booster was on. The current RV in the signature has a red button only; in is on and out is off. Much preferred the previous models but it is what it is.
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

Cameocarriage08
Explorer
Explorer
I have same RV as you do. Our booster is on switch plate to the right of the couch as your looking at the couch (and looking at back of RV). Little black button that turns the booster on.

M_R_E_
Explorer
Explorer
The new multi-directional antennas on new trailers are junk. They don't work. Friends went to Walmart and bought one of their antennas and it works great.
toolmaker

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actual the wall plate with the TV booster is a power supply for the booster that is in the antenna itself. This power supply also has a splitter and electric switch between cable input and OTA antenna input. To use the antenna the light has to be on indication it is sending the 12V DC to the booster in the antenna. The the TV has to be on TV and a channel scan has to be done to picked the channels in any given location. The two trailers that we currently have the power supply is in the bedroom.

The backside of the power supply has three coax connections. Cable in, Antenna in, and splitter output. The front has a second splitter output.

(Moderator edit to increase picture size)
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have a Cameo, but do have a Carriage trailer. Our antenna is a Winegard and the booster is inside and at the bottom of the pantry cabinet. It looks like a 12 volt receptacle and a coax connector on a wall plate. It has a small push button switch and a green indicator light.

By the way, from the factory, the antennae was wired in such a way that it would never work.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure the TV input is on TV? You have run auto scan?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well we have a amplified flat panel antenna which was worthless. Causing my wife considerable angst. I finally stuck it in a window and it works great. The body of our RV was blocking the signals.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Many places there is no TV reception, are there others nearby that have reception. You might not have an amplifier on that poor excuse for an antenna.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
rv antenna,s are very poor most have a booster, find the cable at the tv and follow it. we took the org tv out put one in with a dvd player. our booster was in a cabinet you push a button to turn it on/off.