Ran across this on another site.

Not good
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler
17 REPLIES 17

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just saw this, funny how his wife tries to calm him down after the impact.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
I've been to quite a number of those deer encounters and without a doubt, that one may have jumped and run a bit fired up by an adrenaline surge. I would guess it may have made it to a woodline somewhere close to expire.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Around here they feed deer so that after they shoot them it's not so far to the butcher.
Here's one dumb law in another state. You can't bait deer with real corn but fake corn is OK? I guess it only works with the deer with 20/10 vision cause there sure isn't any smell other than whatever you had on your hands when you put it out. Hand sanitizer, yummmmy!
Puma 30RKSS

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hammerboy wrote:
Shows how poorly built rvs are. If that were the front of a pickup it would be toast.

Dan

Shows how well built deer are.
A friend hit one with his dually. When he got out to look at the truck, the deer scared the he%% out of him as it climbed out from under his truck and ran off.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Many people think its "cute" to feed deer around their homes. Where I live in Ontario, people feed them all winter long. Many are in areas with fairly major roadways. This results in many deer being hit each year, and hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage to people's vehicles. They obviously get hit in the wild as well, but many are the result of irresponsible people, who think mother nature needs help. Sorry just my rant for the day. At least six get hit on my road every winter, causing many thousands of dollars in damage to vehicles, and possible injuries to passengers. My friend hit one right in town in front of the high school. Up the hill, one of the residents was feeding the deer of course. These people should be held responsible for the damages.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
WOW...and I thought the swarm of honey bees I hit was a mess. Ruined these folks vacation for sure.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hammerboy wrote:
Shows how poorly built rvs are. If that were the front of a pickup it would be toast.

Dan

The pick up involved better have a cattle guard on it. That was a big deer.
Puma 30RKSS

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Oh dear!
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen what a deer can do to the front of a truck but never considered the damage it could do to the front of a TT.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wow!
Darn tough animals they are.
May or may not make it, but impressive performance by the deer nonetheless.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Deer probably has some internal injuries, but you'll never know.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Soft landing. Living in the northern Rockies, deer, elk and moose on the road at night can make driving after dark really dangerous. We used to drive under the speed limit and have a spotter in the front seat. No drinking allowed if we had to drive at night.

A work associate came in late to work one morning when I lived in Laramie, WY at 7,200 feet. He hit a deer on the way to work. It was his 9th.

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

HOLY **** ! ! !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet