cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning Fabric Replacement

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have 17' Dometic electric awning that needs a fabric replacement. Watching the videos, this really looks like a two to three person job and there is not two to three persons in my vicinity to do this. So repair shop it is. Question is fabric. I got five years and 35000 miles from mine before the front corner at the awning rail started to give-way. Thinking I want a better fabric. What have you guys/gals found for a better fabric?

thanks,
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
5 REPLIES 5

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Acrylic is the way to go. Pricey but lasts for ever. The 5 Acrylic awnings on our Bounder are 23 years old and are still in good shape.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
We bought new fabric for our awning from Tough Top Awnings and are happy with the quality. They have instructions and video how to measure and they make the awning to your exact measurements. Most of the awning fabric replacements online come from China.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
One mh ago I wanted the awning to be longer, on the mh not roll out farther. So i bought a longer tube and awning and moved one of the arms.
Still have the hardly used, rather short awning and tube. If anyone has a need for a short awning just ask.

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
Two rigs ago I removed the old/worn-out slide out covers and took them to my local awning shop. They used the old material as templates and sewed the old cording in the new material.
SUNBRELLA was the awning material they used.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced my awning with one from ShadePro.net. It was $199 for the fabric for my 20' awning. Installation was another $150 or so.

It can be done with a couple people with ladders, but it just wasn't something I wished to do. I can replace mufflers on a car/truck, but I don't wish to do that either. ๐Ÿ™‚ I like to think of it as doing my bit to help the local economy. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"