cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reserveamerica

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Rant, if people are looking for jobs, try subject. Yesterday I was on hold for 1:18:40 to get a reservation at a ga. State park.
12 REPLIES 12

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
I would imagine having live customer service staff is a huge money loser for ReserveAmerica. You have to remember the only revenue they get is their commission for the reservation, not the actual site fees. Unlike ordering a Pizza, a call for site reservations probably involves many back and forth conversations. The customer wants the agent to check several different parks. The customer will want to get input in deciding which site to choose. They will want the agent to check different dates and different length of stays. the customer will have to relay to the agent all the information regarding their RVs, their tow vehicles, the makeup of their group etc. If it takes the average person 5 minutes to make all those choices using the online system, it will probably take 3 to 4 times as long using a customer service agent since all that information will have to be communicated back and forth rather than just appearing on the computer screen. I doubt it is even possible for a customer service agent to generate enough reservation commissions to even cover their hourly pay. This is why it's extremely likely ReserveAmerica has the absolute minimum number or customer service representatives they have to provide to meet their contractual obligations with the states.
Finally, I bet the customer will have too high an expectation of those customer service agents. It is likely the agent has never set foot in the state, much less in the actual park. Yet, the customer will probably have numerous questions like: "Is site 72 level?" "Does the site have a good lake view?" "Is the walk to the bathrooms easy for someone with mobility issues?" Obviously, those questions cannot realistically be answered by a near minimum wage employee five states away. All in all, telephone customer service reps for businesses like ReserveAmerica are likely to be a bad investment for both the business and the customer.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
True, but some companies where slow, even now not able, to implement the technology.

Doubt RA was one.

My daughter is in customer support. All her phone support was Internet - not using or tying up her home telephone line at all. But she is lucky. She has fiber-optic cable to her home for internet.

My brother in rural Arkansas still uses dial-up 56K modem for internet.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
bikendan wrote:
gbopp wrote:
Did you get the reservation after being on hold for 1:18:40?
I do as much online as possible because of the lack of customer service for many types of businesses.

So true! Because so many are working from home, you can't get any customer service or tech support to call you. They are using their personal cellphones or personal landlines and they don't want to have their personal phone numbers.
I've been dealing with Whynter Appliances since May 4, on a non-functional wine fridge. Tech support will only deal with me on an email basis. I have tried calling but after 2 hours on hold, they disconnect me.
One email told me to remove the control board but no instructions on how to do that. I emailed back saying it would have been nice if they had told me how to do that. 4 days later, I finally get the instructions. It takes 3-4 days for tech support to reply to my emails.
Now this week, after supplying them with pics of the board, I haven't received any communication nor are they answering the phone.
This is the kinda of thing that's going on now.

So ReserveAmerica isn't so bad.

There is zero reason these days for a remote worker to have to call from their own cell number. Even before all the coronavirus stuff, I worked from home 1-2 days a week. I have an app on my cell phone that links it to my office phone. When I want to call someone, I do it through the app and it appears on the other end as coming from my office number.

These days, if a company can't figure out how to make working remotely seamless and no different than working in an office, well, that's a management problem.

My desk phone at work is tied to my laptop. I can answer my desk phone via my laptop with video if needed from anywhere I can get internet access so no need for remote workers to use their own phones.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
gbopp wrote:
I do as much online as possible because of the lack of customer service for many types of businesses.

So true! Because so many are working from home, you can't get any customer service or tech support to call you. They are using their personal cellphones or personal landlines and they don't want to have their personal phone numbers.
I've been dealing with Whynter Appliances since May 4, on a non-functional wine fridge. Tech support will only deal with me on an email basis. I have tried calling but after 2 hours on hold, they disconnect me.
One email told me to remove the control board but no instructions on how to do that. I emailed back saying it would have been nice if they had told me how to do that. 4 days later, I finally get the instructions. It takes 3-4 days for tech support to reply to my emails.
Now this week, after supplying them with pics of the board, I haven't received any communication nor are they answering the phone.

There is zero reason these days for a remote worker to have to call from their own cell number. Even before all the coronavirus stuff, I worked from home 1-2 days a week. I have an app on my cell phone that links it to my office phone. When I want to call someone, I do it through the app and it appears on the other end as coming from my office number.

These days, if a company can't figure out how to make working remotely seamless and no different than working in an office, well, that's a management problem.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
With first all of the park closings and reservation cancellations and now the re-openings and attendant reservations to deal with plus the number of employees either laid off or working from home, I don't find it at all surprising RA is slammed. As said, do as much as possible online and save a lot of hassle.

Just one example of how re-openings can hit RA hard, NY State park campground reservations were recently opened up for all of 2021 at once instead of the usual 9 month window that spreads things out.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
Their cancellation/change penalties suck.

The states set the policy's not Reserve America - complain to the state
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Their cancellation/change penalties suck.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't know you could make reservations with them by phone.

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
I've done it online.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer