cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter making bad sound

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
My IntelliPower 9200 has started making an intermitent sound like, "bzzzt bzzzt bzt bzzt." It's not a humming noise, it's more like arcing. It's also emitting an acrid electrical smell. I assume it's dead because it's not charging the batteries. I have a 2013 Arctic Fox 22H and my problem is the converter looks to be almost impossible to access without destroying cabinetry under the oven. Any advice?
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser URJ200 Series
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
17 REPLIES 17

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just looked at a video for your trailer. How about the panel under the refrigerator? To the left of your photo.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
pitn. Yea you will need to move that wire out of the way to disconnect and remove.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a new trailer and unless you have size 0000 flexible fingers, some things are almost non accessible. Thank goodness for those little mirrors with LED built in lights. I've looked at the water pump and it doesn't have the bypass hose attached to do the pink antifreeze. It will be a real grudge to try and make that happen. The converter/fuse panel must have been put in before the walls. I swear manufactures should have to come and do maintenance at their cost and then maybe some of their assemblers would understand what kind of **** they're putting together.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Damdifino wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Hard to imagine you would have to remove the oven to get access. Maybe post a picture.

Here's a picture. Maybe you can see it lurking way back in there.

Get a hand in behind that screen and figure out how to remove the screen. That might give you enough room to get it out.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Worried

You DID shut it off, right?

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
BFL13 wrote:
http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

Thanks, didn't know about this.
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Converter making bad sound. Take it out & place it in a corner for awhile till it learns to behave properly.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Damdifino wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Hard to imagine you would have to remove the oven to get access. Maybe post a picture.

Here's a picture. Maybe you can see it lurking way back in there. (I hope my link works.)

Looks like it is behind a password. Need an open link.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It's done everything but a shoot em up theatrical plunge off a balcony. Unplug it by switching the breaker off. After the fire starts the breaker will trip

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:

Here's a picture. Maybe you can see the converter lurking way back in there.
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œIt's also emitting an acrid electrical smell.โ€

Advice - Discontinue use immediately.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Damdifino wrote:
time2roll wrote:

Here's a picture. Maybe you can see it lurking way back in there. (I hope my link works.)
I don't see a photo.
There is something special about camping in an RV.

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:

Here's a picture. Maybe you can see it lurking way back in there.
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~