Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

no hot water from taps

car54Don
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Itasca Sunrise 35A.
just replaced the water heater. re & re went well.
water heater tank filled with city water. (opened winter bypass)
turned on electric switch for water heater.
couple hours later checked pressure release valve on new water heater and hot came out.
no hot water thru inside taps or outside shower. let water run 10 min.
line drain on other side of MH - opened and hot water poured out with pressure.
no hot water from inside taps
?? Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thx
Don
9 REPLIES 9

mfinnerty
Explorer
Explorer
My guess is the check valve on the out flow conection to the water heater. Happened to me.
Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
So you have cold/warm water flow out of the hot spigots.
Do you have an outside shower/hose hook-up? If so make sure the valves are turned off.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

car54Don
Explorer
Explorer
hi thx for replies

new water tank if full, hot water comes out when pressure release valve pulled.
hot water is leaving the tank as it comes across rig and will pour out hot water line release on other side
the water from the cold taps is cold.
the water from the hot tap is barely tepid, not cold, not hot.
the winter by pass is turned to summer

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
Sou is like your winterizing bypass valve is open . If you have a 3 valve or 2 valve bypass system, then ALL valves should be horizontal for summer or ALL valves vertical for winter bypass.
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
What type of valves?

On a prior unit, we had valves that had a rubber stopper that closed off flow when screwed down. Problem is the rubber stopper came free from the crank mechanism. So when you opened it, the stopper was still partially blocking flow and you would get odd reactions at the tap. You had to pull the valve apart and pry the stopper out. A little superglue fixed it.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there cold water coming from the hot water tap or no water? If no water then you have a blockage. If there is water but it doesn't get hot you have left the hot and cold valves open on one of your showers and shut it off with the button.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
It sounds like something like a piece of a one way valve on the top of the tank broke free and went down the line. I can see in your floor plan that the two sinks and the shower are all back to back in a line. And across the bus is a washer drier hookup. Is the water heater just in front of the back wheel and under the refrigerator on the drivers side?

I would look into cabinets and remove drawers to follow the plumbing as best as you can. Look for a 90 degree bend in the hot side from the water heater. Once you find the closest 90 you'll have to take the fitting off the tubing and see if there is an obstruction in it. I'm betting you'll find this fitting under the kitchen faucet as it seems to be closest to where I think the water heater is.

Have you tried to get hot water out of the washing machine hot faucet? I'll bet there is hot there as whatever obstruction flowed straight through a T fitting that diverted water to the Washer and got lodged in a 90 degree bend on the other side of the bus by the sinks.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

car54Don
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
Does your system have the three valve bypass setup? If so make sure you opened the top valve so the water can get out of the tank.

hi thx. the hot water is leaving the tank. When I open the water line drains on other side of bus, the cold drains cold and the hot drains hot. The hot isn't coming out the taps. I've tried on city water and also with pump.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Does your system have the three valve bypass setup? If so make sure you opened the top valve so the water can get out of the tank.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup