Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 Chateau 23u water leak?

Hemlockdj
Explorer
Explorer
Good day all,

Hope everyone has been safe and enjoying life as much as possible. Question for those that might have 2017 Thor Chateau 23u or similar, we have a water leak when it rains and the MH is sitting parked. It leaks, a fairly steady drip directly behind the stove against the wall about an inch out. It seems to stop if I put the awning out about 6". I have added caulk around the outside light, fan exhaust vent & sink window. I know water can travel from a long way but I would think that it would be fairly close to that area.

I do not see any water damage evidence on the wall. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dave
2017 23' Chateau
1 REPLY 1

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does your MH have an outside tv ? Check the seal on that door.

I once caulked a leaking light but it still leaked. Once I removed the plastic lens, I found water inside the fixture, the lens cover was leaking.

I had the same type of leak on my FR MH as you are having. 2018 with a Solera awning which I think you also have. Leaked while parked, stopped when awning deployed 6-12" .
I have a Solera electric awning with an LED light strip.

If you have a setup like mine then that rear arm might be the problem as it was for me. See where the awning wires pass thru the exterior wall to the inside of the MH. That entry point could be a leak source.

If your MH is sitting slightly off level nose down when parked, then water could run down to the stove area from the rear awning arm. That's where my wires entered my unit. The hole was behind the vertical arm attached to the rv itself.
When you deploy the awning, look at the vertical arm bracket that's installed onto the MH, it has a snap out plastic cover on the inside. Once I popped it out with a flat blade screwdriver, I found a 1" hole where the wires ran thru to the inside of the MH.
That hole has a rubber seal that I had to caulk into place to stop it from leaking.
The factory caulked mine but didn't allow the caulk to dry, when the folding awning arm was closed, the wet caulk sealed itself to that plastic cover causing the rubber plug to not seal. That leaked but traveled downward towards the front of the MH.
It that's your problem and you caulk it, leave the awning deployed till the caulk dries .