Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Airbag fill ports?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Airbag fill ports?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/20 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Ram truck ?? If so ,then its the same as mine ,plastic behind the license plate , I must of just drilled out the holes. No holes in mine either on the bottom . Just the top two

Maybe I misunderstood your earlier post

cummins2014 wrote:

As said above ,no need to drill holes, they are already there in the license plate .Remove the license plate bolts insert the valve ,and put a nut on it, and cover with a plastic valve cap, couldn't be easier ,and acceable .

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

C Schomer

Pueblo West, Co.

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/20 09:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did this for years before I built onboard air... I ran the bag air line into the cab, under the driver seat, through one of the plugged holes in the floor board and I used a cheapo $14 compressor that plugged into the cig lighter to air the bags while on the road. Craig

2012 Dodge dually diesel. CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WHOEVER INVENTED WORK DIDN'T HAVE AN RV!

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/20 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GordonThree wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Ram truck ?? If so ,then its the same as mine ,plastic behind the license plate , I must of just drilled out the holes. No holes in mine either on the bottom . Just the top two

Maybe I misunderstood your earlier post

cummins2014 wrote:

As said above ,no need to drill holes, they are already there in the license plate .Remove the license plate bolts insert the valve ,and put a nut on it, and cover with a plastic valve cap, couldn't be easier ,and acceable .

Its been awhile since I did them, if they had just the screw thru that plastic, then yes I would of drilled them out so the air valve would have went thru it, and the license plate . As said pretty sure the air line kits comes with a couple nuts for the valves to be attached. I know they are thin enough to allow a valve cap. I ran a fill line to both airbags. I did not tee them.

GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/20 08:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

finally got to putting the trailer on the ball after installing this kit. went from more than 3" drop rear, 2" raise front with the factory system to about 1" drop rear no raise on the front with the bags at 50 psi.

i need to find a different air gauge, all three of mine start at 20 psi, even the one for my pedal bike. Not sure how to find the low 5-15 psi recommended "unloaded" pressure for the bags.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/20 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine are where the top license plate holes are.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/20 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Mine are where the top license plate holes are.

As said , best place, most accessible etc. Its right there .

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/20 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Low pressure gauges are available for ATV and SxS tires.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/20 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GordonThree wrote:

finally got to putting the trailer on the ball after installing this kit. went from more than 3" drop rear, 2" raise front with the factory system to about 1" drop rear no raise on the front with the bags at 50 psi.

i need to find a different air gauge, all three of mine start at 20 psi, even the one for my pedal bike. Not sure how to find the low 5-15 psi recommended "unloaded" pressure for the bags.
Most digital air pressure gauges go very low. I've three different ones and they all go below 10 PSI.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Airbag fill ports?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.