cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Prophetstown SP or Patoka Lake Campground

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leaving Elkhart and heading to St. Louis and want a couple of nights on the way. Read reviews & such, but am looking for more opinions. Should we spend a couple of days at Prophetstown SP or Patoka Lake Campground. It will be our shake down trip so basically sit around the campsite and play with knobs & things to see what does what, so to speak.
Need to find a place in Indiana as IL & Kty are not open till June 1 and we must be home by then. (Of course!) Oh yeah Turkey Run is booked solid for those days.
Thanks!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
5 REPLIES 5

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
We stayed at a park down in English, IN that we absolutely loved. We wished we had time to stay longer, but we couldn't stay another day at that time.

https://www.sycamorespringspark.com

Stayed once. Nice place and fairly cheap. We call it the Nazi park. No alcohol, no reservation changes or refunds and there are rules for everything.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

bolljl
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have stayed at Prophetstown SP a number of times highly recommend.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually 4X4 CUMMINS
2013 Lifestyle LS35SB, MORryde IS System
AIRSAFE, Air Hitch

dedmiston
We stayed at a park down in English, IN that we absolutely loved. We wished we had time to stay longer, but we couldn't stay another day at that time.

https://www.sycamorespringspark.com

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
I love to fish at Patoka Lake but it is probably my least favorite park to camp at. In my opionion they only have a few sites worth camping on. Even at that you can not hook up to water. Electric only, whereas Prophetstown has full hook ups.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems like Patoka would be way out of your way. Fairly nice place but would expect it to be fairly rowdy for the next week or so.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73