Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Rig for two couples?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rig for two couples?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd go for something with a large rear kids area where you could just take out the bunks or couch and put another bed in. I have such a beast although it's likely too small but is a good example. The extra 1/2 bath up in the main bedroom would be particularly helpful in their situation.

https://lakeshore-rv.com/hideout/308bhds

The back area just has a cushion bed/couch on the floor which could easily be taken out and a more traditional bed put in its place - the top bunk above the couch just swings up out of the way. I've often joked with my wife that when the kids are grown I'm going to take the bed out and put a recliner in their room and make it my man cave on wheels.

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/20 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

agesilaus wrote:

Just when you think there is nothing new to hear...heh. Better to get two smaller TT remember the Chinese symbol for strife is two women under the same roof.

Nailed it!

And the first strife, who gets the bunk?
This is along the lines of what i was thinking, is this going be a joint buy, if so, then who get the nice King/Queen bed and who gets stuck in the tiny cramped bunks.
Also,if selling after this trip, do they both realize that you will probably not get back anywhere near your monetary investment.
Many of us don't even consider our investment, and get back more in our experiences and joys of traveling, camping/RV'ing than we will worry about in money.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two good ways to destroy a friendship: work together or live together.

Get two campers.

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/20 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They probably thought about the idea of their friendship and what that would mean, maybe they already live together...

I would look for something with 2 bathrooms as a start. That is probably the best area to look for separate quarters. I have seen some nice bunk houses with 2 bathrooms, or a toy hauler. I think the Toy Hauler has the best setup for separate quarters and probably the most functional for future trips if you don't have kids.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jkwilson wrote:

Friend asked me what kind of camper I’d recommend for two couples to travel together.

You may want to show your friend the responses to your post. Maybe they didn't think of everything when they started planning their trip?

Please, keep us updated on what they decide. My vote is for two small campers.
A couple weeks is one thing. A multi month trip is much different.

pinesman

virginia

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to have a Salem that had a second queen bedroom in the back with a half bath. It was fine with our daughter but I do not have any friends that I would want to be that closely confined with for that long

dedmiston

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/20 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a large fifth-wheel toy hauler and we often invite other couples to join us. We call the garage the "guest room". It's pretty comfortable back there once we unload the car. We have two queens that pull down from the ceiling, or a queen on top and dinette on the bottom.

It's a lot different to have owners/guests than co-owners though. We have the nice front bedroom because we own it, and our friends are happy to be back in the guest room.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Wadcutter

IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No company makes an RV big enough for 2 couples.

Camped in every state

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 02:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My DW and I can just barely handle being with each other for a month on the road. Adding in another couples disagreements along with ours and I think it would get old.
I vote for two seperate trailers. Another factor is what if one person in the party gets sick? that would really put a kibosh in the trip.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 02:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wadcutter wrote:

No company makes an RV big enough for 2 couples.
lol

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rig for two couples?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.