cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodyear G614 ,and Endurance Tires

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
A little interesting fact now with Goodyear RV tires . The G614, and all but the ST 255/85R/16 Endurance do not meet the weight rating requirements set by RVIA for 7K axles , the 10%. Meaning the tires have to be able to handle 7700 Lbs. The G614's at 3750 ,and the Endurance ST235/85R/16 at 3640 ,do not meet the weight rating for 7K axles.

Montana at one time offered the Goodyear G614 as a upgrade ,apparently no longer. Sailun now is the standard .

The Endurance ST 255/85R/16 at 4080 does meet the rating , but at 33.07 diameter may or may not fit , plus they are too big for the 6" wide rims that come on most fifth wheels with 7k axles. Kind of leaves Goodyear in the dark as far meeting ratings for 7K axles.

I would not be surprised to see Goodyear change weight ratings on some of these RV tires
46 REPLIES 46

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Let me clear it up, I hope. Some people mentioned that Walmart could do the install of the Sailun tires. There is not one close to me that has tire service/mechanic work or whatever they call it. The one I used when I got tires on the van, is now closed. So off to Discount Tire I will go. Their parking lot is too tight for me to take the trailer to them so I am taking them off, 2 at a time and having them mounted and balanced. Then I will put them on my trailer myself. I have bought many tires from Discount over the years.
I was just mentioning Walmart and buying tires from them because in addition to the Sailuns, I got good tires and good service from them for a van. I bought a brand I never heard of, Douglas, but did do my research before I got them. Sorry for the confusion.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
That could be , I wasn’t sure which tire he meant .

I'm assuming he means that he would find a Walmart with service in case he has an issue with the "Douglas" brand he purchased from them //

Although, I may be wrong...:B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Campinfan wrote:
I ordered them Tuesday afternoon and they were in my garage on Wednesday before noon. They came fro Ohio via Fed Ex.

Last year I bought some tires for a van from Walmart. Brand name is Douglas. Did my research and they are made in the USA and have been great. So now I check with them before I buy tires. the only problem right now is finding a Walmart with tire service nearby. The one I used before says they are closed..I guess due to Covid.

I thought you were going to have them mounted ,and balanced with Discount tires ?? The new Sailuns .

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I ordered them Tuesday afternoon and they were in my garage on Wednesday before noon. They came fro Ohio via Fed Ex.

Last year I bought some tires for a van from Walmart. Brand name is Douglas. Did my research and they are made in the USA and have been great. So now I check with them before I buy tires. the only problem right now is finding a Walmart with tire service nearby. The one I used before says they are closed..I guess due to Covid.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
WOW - "2420 is the date code...so that is mid June I would think"

24th week of June tires delivered in August from Walmart online is pretty darn good....:)

Mine were a little older, not a lot . Walmart is a great source for the Sailuns.

WOW - "2420 is the date code...so that is mid June I would think"

24th week of June tires delivered in August from Walmart online is pretty darn good....:)
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Campinfan wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Campinfan wrote:
I ordered Sailuns from Walmart in the 235 85 r16 size. Ordered them yesterday and they were delivered today for free. With all the big rigs out there,you would think GY or somebody in the USA would make a suitable tire. Now I have to get them to Discount Tire to mount and balance them. My trailer won't fit in their parking lot so I have to do them two at a time. They told me it was around $76.00 for all four...not bad.

About the same I paid for mounting ,and balancing . Walmart seems to be the best source right now for the Sailuns ,price delivery etc. Curious, whats the date code on them ?

2420 is the date code...so that is mid June I would think

Thanks. Pretty close in June sometime I would think . Can’t beat that , couple months old give or take a week or two.

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
cummins2014 wrote:
Campinfan wrote:
I ordered Sailuns from Walmart in the 235 85 r16 size. Ordered them yesterday and they were delivered today for free. With all the big rigs out there,you would think GY or somebody in the USA would make a suitable tire. Now I have to get them to Discount Tire to mount and balance them. My trailer won't fit in their parking lot so I have to do them two at a time. They told me it was around $76.00 for all four...not bad.

About the same I paid for mounting ,and balancing . Walmart seems to be the best source right now for the Sailuns ,price delivery etc. Curious, whats the date code on them ?

2420 is the date code...so that is mid June I would think

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Most people want the best quality ,and that would be Sailun . Plenty of quality US tires made in G or H rated :? , just curious what that plenty would be. I am not aware of many or any that would qualify as the same quality as Sailun .

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Campinfan wrote:

They do, most people just want to buy the cheapest. Plenty of US Made QUALITY tires to choose from.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Campinfan wrote:

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
All this mess with tire rating for 7k axles got me to switch to 17.5" wheels and sailun H rated tires. I have plenty of tire margin for 7k axles now haha.
2017 Chevy HD 3500 Dually LTZ D/A combo crew cab / Bilstein 4600's / Ride Rite air bags w remote / 50 gal transfer flow Aux tank / Trailersaver BD5
2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with most options + 17.5 wheel & tire combo