cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How difficult is it to change slide seal

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Our main lr slide rubber seal double bulb with wiper is detaching from the coach. Its attached with teeth and they are rusty.
I have put some gorilla tape on to sort of hold it in place cant quite get the teeth to grab onto the lip but so far no leaks!
Is this a do it youself job? If not do you have a rough idea of the cost to replace the seal? Its a vacationer class A with a big ( average) size livingroom slideout.
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins
5 REPLIES 5

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Looking forward to your pictures as you stated in your 3:48 post!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
If you have a slide cover, it must be removed or flipped on top the roof to replace the seal. Our shop charges from 2.0 to 3.0 hours to do the Metal teeth seal. That includes removing or flipping the slide cover. If no slide cover, 2.0 hours. You really need strong fingers to get the teeth onto the slide track guide. It is just a matter of working the new slide seal in place a few inches at a time. You start at either the front or rear bottom sidewall and work it up and across and down. You must also make a slit at the 2 top corners to get the wipe seal to fit evenly. Doug

Slide topper disintegrated so that helps.
Thankyou for the tips
340 HP Cummins

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If you have a slide cover, it must be removed or flipped on top the roof to replace the seal. Our shop charges from 2.0 to 3.0 hours to do the Metal teeth seal. That includes removing or flipping the slide cover. If no slide cover, 2.0 hours. You really need strong fingers to get the teeth onto the slide track guide. It is just a matter of working the new slide seal in place a few inches at a time. You start at either the front or rear bottom sidewall and work it up and across and down. You must also make a slit at the 2 top corners to get the wipe seal to fit evenly. Doug

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Captain_Happy wrote:
First of all take picture s of how the deal are installed on your class a, then order the right seals, like you ones your about to pull off. Check how the seals over lap in the top corners before you start.

I helped my brother put his on his class B.

It looks like the seal is one piece.
I will take pics good idea.
Thankyou
340 HP Cummins

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
First of all take picture s of how the deal are installed on your class a, then order the right seals, like you ones your about to pull off. Check how the seals over lap in the top corners before you start.

I helped my brother put his on his class B.