Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keys to reopen June 1

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
From Monroe cty last night ---
Monroe County plans to reopen to visitors Monday, June 1 by suspending the checkpoints on U.S. 1 and State Road 905 and allowing lodging establishments to take guests at 50 percent occupancy.

Monroe County lodging establishments, like hotels, campgrounds, vacation rentals, and other transient-licensed establishments will be required to implement sanitation procedures and follow the American Hotel and Lodging Association COVID-19 guidelines for enhanced cleaning practices (www.ahla.com). The timeline for removing the 50 percent capacity restriction for lodging will be determined at a later date.

Per Governor Executive Order 20-123, the County Administrator will submit a written request and safety plan to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation Secretary to seek approval for the operation of vacation rentals.

Airport screenings and bus restrictions will also be lifted on June 1.

This is subject to revision based on data regarding the prevalence of the virus within Monroe County, increased testing and contact tracing protocols, and the efforts in the adjacent counties to continue to control the transmission of the virus. All other requirements are not lifted. Should the Florida Keys experience an increase in cases and under the advisement of the Florida Department of Health, restrictions may be heightened, and/or amenities may again be closed.

Monroe County residents are urged to continue to follow directives set by the State, County, and municipalities to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including wearing masks in public settings, limiting group sizes to 10 or less, and physically distancing from others by six feet. More information on COVID-19 efforts in Monroe County can be found at www.monroecountyem.com/covid19. Tourism-related information can be found at www.fla-keys.com.

The Florida Keys have been closed to visitors since March 22 to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
23 REPLIES 23

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Guy Roan wrote:
JoeH wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
OK - Two guys from FL disagree. Can one or both of you cite your sources?

It's in the cited Monroe County directive and I confirmed with the Monroe County Attorney. It states that lodging establishments are ENCOURAGED to limit capacity, but it is not required. I have property in Key West so it was an important clarification for me.

Monroe Directive 20-09

ENCOURAGED to limit capacity, but it is not required"
You forgot the "to 50 percent until june 15"

And it is because of your 50 percent that we are leaving our property tomorrow and heading for the hills.
Just watch how the incidence rate will increase

Guy

You're late, we left last week
Joe

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
dedmiston wrote:

It's in the cited Monroe County directive and I confirmed with the Monroe County Attorney. It states that lodging establishments are ENCOURAGED to limit capacity, but it is not required. I have property in Key West so it was an important clarification for me.

Monroe Directive 20-09

ENCOURAGED to limit capacity, but it is not required"
You forgot the "to 50 percent until june 15"

And it is because of your 50 percent that we are leaving our property tomorrow and heading for the hills.
Just watch how the incidence rate will increase

Guy

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
dedmiston wrote:

Monroe Directive 20-09
Joe

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I'll just get there early and wait for them to open the gate!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:

I live here and check the site every day;

Check " Monroe county Covid-19 (Coronairus) Information"
You'll have to read through, but you'll find it

Guy

dedmiston

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
Update from Tuesday evening, Directive 20-09 .... the 50% occupancy cap has been removed.

No, they are recommending that it remains until June 15

Guy

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Update from Tuesday evening, Directive 20-09 .... the 50% occupancy cap has been removed.
Joe

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Florida Keys (Key West) is one of our favorite places to go. Everything in the Florida Keys revolves around tourism. This shutdown has devastated just about every facet of life down there. They had no choice but to open up US Hwy 1 at some point. Guess June 1st is good a time as any. Unfortunately, everyone who drives down to the Florida Keys has to travel through hard-hit Miami-Dade County (16,694 cases/629 deaths--highest in FL). It's inevitable that cases will spike big-time in the Keys once US Hwy 1 opens up. It's damned if they do, damned if they don't.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
I just recently read an interesting article about adjusting numbers.
i.e. John has the virus and is tested, count 1. John enters the hospital and is tested, count 2. Daily John gets tested to check his progress, count 1 per day = ? John's final test shows negative, count on that 0. But John accounts for a minimum of 3 to 10 positives.
Makes sense to me. And besides it was on the web, and you know that's true.

Actually that too was in the news. I think it was from NY. Thatโ€™s why their numbers are so ridiculously high!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just recently read an interesting article about adjusting numbers.
i.e. John has the virus and is tested, count 1. John enters the hospital and is tested, count 2. Daily John gets tested to check his progress, count 1 per day = ? John's final test shows negative, count on that 0. But John accounts for a minimum of 3 to 10 positives.
Makes sense to me. And besides it was on the web, and you know that's true.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Guy Roan wrote:
pasusan wrote:
Monaramblee wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Itโ€™s only goin to happen if they want it too. Itโ€™s all in how they play with the numbers. And itโ€™s been proven in the last couple of weeks just that. The Covid deaths have been manipulated.
I can assure you itโ€™s not going to be bad!

Can i ask how it was proven that the death numbers have been manipulated? Hopefully that is not true.
Yup - Florida is manipulating their numbers - here's the story.

I just read the story. Please point out to me where in the story it mentions "deaths"
What I read said "data", -Nothing about deaths

Guy

Did you read the link I posted in the previous page?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
pasusan wrote:
Monaramblee wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Itโ€™s only goin to happen if they want it too. Itโ€™s all in how they play with the numbers. And itโ€™s been proven in the last couple of weeks just that. The Covid deaths have been manipulated.

Can i ask how it was proven that the death numbers have been manipulated? Hopefully that is not true.
Yup - Florida is manipulating their numbers - here's the story.

I just read the story. Please point out to me where in the story it mentions "deaths"
What I read said "data", -Nothing about deaths

Guy

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Monaramblee wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

Here's how, and also being done in PA,IL,NY,MD, and a whole host of others.

"Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.The change came after Coloradoโ€™s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes."