cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opininons on 2013 open range 386FLR

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of buying a 2013 open range 386FLR, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Red Green: Be generous with the duct tape, you
know; spare the duct tape, spoil the job.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
4 REPLIES 4

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
As someone who had had their share of campers over the years, I can say that Highland Ridge has bent over backwards to make sure what concerns I have had were corrected. While I have not had any problems with my unit of a worrisome nature the minor things were repaired pdq. The only problem I have had was lack of dealer support for those small items. Highland Ridge authorized a certified RV tech near my home to do all the warranty repairs I have needed so I would not have to deal with the dealer ****. My issues were items like a bad outdoor speaker, bad on board water pump, replacing the compression blocks, and repairing what the dealer had messed up when replacing one of my slide toppers.

We are more than satisfied with Open Range/Highland Ridge and would not hesitate to buy again.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
When Open Range was a stand alone company they produced decent innovative RV's.
More importantly they stood behind here product.
Now that Open Range has been purchased by Thor the innovation and support is gone.
Yes there are lots of rigs with structural issues. I have a 2012 that has had major structural repairs I know of a 2014 with the same issues and there are lots of others.
The real issue with Open Range is not the structural defects but its the lack of support from the manufacturer.
During these mega buyouts the buyer, Thor takes all the reputation and goodwill from a company but accepts none of the liabilities for the company. Something about the whole arrangement is deceitful and should be illegal.
As an Open Range owner I have seen the company go down hill over the last few years and I do not recommend one buy into the Open Range mess.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Open Range has many nice features, and the ones from that era are nicely appointed. But in the early years they had some structural issues, though by 2013 I think they were past that. Pay attention to the transition area from the main body to the front overhang. Look for bulges and cracks in the fiberglass of the sidewalls there (especially by those front slides), and gaps in caulk from shifting.
Yes, visit our forum (a very friendly group), and many owners are very happy with their rigs. http://www.openrangeowners.com
If you're new to this, hire an inspector.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
Try the Open Range forum.
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY