Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help with new wireless camera system

SteadyEddy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
I have a 2014 Coachmen Mirada 35DL Motor Home that came equipped with a Furion camera system (rearview plus side cameras). this system is hardwired (not wireless).
I did not like the system for several reasons and purchased Haloview's RD7 wireless backup camera with left and right wireless side cameras and installed them. Everything installed fine and it all works fine. I have all three cameras on the LCD video screen at the same time (rear, left and right side). All cameras show full signal.
However, when I turn on the vehicle right turn signal, the right side wireless camera goes to "no signal". Other cameras are not affected. When I turn on the left turn signal, the left side wireless camera goes to "no signal". Other cameras are not affected. 
I have completely disconnected the power to the Furion wired system, but this still keeps happening. I don't understand thy the respective left and ride wireless cameras go to "no signal" when I engage the vehicle turn signal. This is unacceptable since I need to be able to see the side camera image when the turn signal is on.
I am NOT using the trigger wire function for the RD7 unit. I am simply supplying power straight from 12v to the RD7 unit.
Any help  or assistance anyone can provide would be gratefully appreciated.
Thank you
SteadyEddy
2014 Coachmen Mirada 35DL
2006 Saturn Ion Toad
Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar
Brake Buddy Vantage Select
11 REPLIES 11

bigfaer
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you get the supply power to both side Camera's? Did you use the original Furrion wiring for those Camera's? Did you run NEW 12 volt and Ground wires to the side Wireless Camera's? Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
glad you got it working. The server seems to be having a lot of issues lately.

SteadyEddy
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to not get back earlier... kept getting message that forum was under maintenance.
Anyway... I feel like an idiot! Turns out that I did not realize that my two front left and right marker lights blinked when the respective turn signals were on. So power to the new cameras was also "blinking", thus the cameras didn't have power long enough to provide a signal to the receiver.
I wound up tapping power into the new camera from the old Furion cameras, and now everything is working fine.
Thanks for replying and helping me out with this.
SteadyEddy
2014 Coachmen Mirada 35DL
2006 Saturn Ion Toad
Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar
Brake Buddy Vantage Select

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Executive wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
.../snip/ because I made sure the side Camera's had there own 12 volt supply. Doug

Maybe that's the key here; Obviously it's a wiring issue. So that, then, begs the question. Was the system wired correctly? Can you wire the system without providing power individually to each camera? Perhaps the OP skipped or modified a step. :h ....Dennis

That's why I asked those questions in my first post. Doug

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
.../snip/ because I made sure the side Camera's had there own 12 volt supply. Doug

Maybe that's the key here; Obviously it's a wiring issue. So that, then, begs the question. Was the system wired correctly? Can you wire the system without providing power individually to each camera? Perhaps the OP skipped or modified a step. :h ....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
rgatijnet1 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Per the Instructions, IF YOU DO NOT USE THE TRIGGER HARNESS(connecting the trigger wires) THE TURN SIGNALS SHOULD NOT AFFECT THE OPERATION. If the Camera's have there own 12 volt supply and not connected to the original Furrion harness, the system should operate as the OP desires. You do NOT have to use the Trigger harness for install. Doug

Well then they should be working, right???? :B

That is why I asked the OP those questions. He has not responded. I HAVE installed the Furrion 3 Camera RF systems on both Trailers and Motorhomes and at no time did the original turn signal trigger system on the original motorhome system affect the operation, because I made sure the side Camera's had there own 12 volt supply. Doug

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
Per the Instructions, IF YOU DO NOT USE THE TRIGGER HARNESS(connecting the trigger wires) THE TURN SIGNALS SHOULD NOT AFFECT THE OPERATION. If the Camera's have there own 12 volt supply and not connected to the original Furrion harness, the system should operate as the OP desires. You do NOT have to use the Trigger harness for install. Doug

Well then they should be working, right???? :B

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Page 7 shows how it should be wired. Have you tried hitting the SEL button.

As rgatijnet1 stated it needs power from the correct circuit to work.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you do not get 12 volt from the turn signal switch to the cameras, they will not show an image. Each camera must be wired to the turn signal circuit. The monitor must know when to switch from rear view to each side view.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Where did you get the supply power to both side Camera's? Did you use the original Furrion wiring for those Camera's? Did you run NEW 12 volt and Ground wires to the side Wireless Camera's? Doug