cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NY campgrounds.....hit/miss

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Check with the campground you want to go to as to their being open or not or when. Many unknowns still from Albany, but county executives are calling the shots when it comes to CG's. Not sure when SP CG's will open, so have to check w/ them as well.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
6 REPLIES 6

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
New York State said to be "patient" in getting our refunds for reservations they cancelled. I'm not holding my breath. If I get the money back great but I'm thinking it will be a loss.

Uncle Andy needs money!!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
New York State said to be "patient" in getting our refunds for reservations they cancelled. I'm not holding my breath. If I get the money back great but I'm thinking it will be a loss.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
My NYS campground reservation for Memorial Day was canceled also. But when I tried to transfer to another date, even next year it said I couldn't because it was canceled. Couldn't save the fee and I haven't seen my refund yet!

David_and_Chris
Explorer
Explorer

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I had reservations with a NY State Campground for this month (May) that the State cancelled and said they would refund my entire amount paid. I haven't received any of the money back yet. Just several emails and a phone call telling me I'll get a refund. I still have reservations for June at a State campground, that for now, is still good. I talked with a couple that stay the summer at a private campground near me and although they are open to seasonal campers, they are not open to weekenders. I also talked with an owner of a small campground in my county that is open to all that want to go there. Every place is different so I agree, the best bet is to check with the campground you're interested in staying at.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
It all has to do with specific county covid19 numbers...new cases and deaths. The higher the numbers are, the less likely normality will be allowed. This is a county by county ordeal.