cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best way clean 5th wheel

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
So a lot of my 5th wheel especially around edges with the puddy stuff is and silicone have a lot of black streaks on them. The front cap has so many dead bugs and dirt. I have tried bug be gone and other stuff but it doesn't really work well.

What does every body use that actually does work really well? Thanks
42 REPLIES 42

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
We're in Laburnam. Water and 30 amp in one section. We had done Lot F previously. I was OK with it.
Texas has a section with 30 ft wide spots. We will likely do that in the future, with maybe Kansas if they are still scheduled back to back. We do some genealogy when we go to Richmond. Only a little bit of that left to do so the next trip may be the last. But we really enjoy the Richmond race and the track. Perfect size.
We went to the Charlotte Dirt Track for the World of Outlaws final sprint car race last November. About froze to death. I'm still doing The Chili Bowl in Tulsa.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Cummins2014. -

I use it a few times a year.. depends a lot on my time, and our travel plans... When I was used to use their double sided applicator on a pole, I was doing it when I set up at any spot for a week or so... It was handy to carry with and worked well...

But I just got third of doing it that much, I'm not getting any younger .

Brent -

Remind me what campground your in at Richmond? We were in Laburnumn South Gate 2... started down the back in what I called the pit.. rental trailers, young kids partying all night not going to the race.. Kept moving up at relocation.. finally got to the front corner spot, and LOVED it... that is until I scoe=red the turn 3 spot...

My bro in law is down in the old drivers/owners lot, Lot F Premium,,, 50 amp and water. 25' X 60'

Thanks, I saw your post after I posted again above. Stuff is easy to work with ,and fast.

TxGearhead wrote:
Best I can tell the Wash N Wax has to hand dried with a cloth when applied.
My soap cannon and pressure washer is sounding good. But, it does leave some spots. Maybe get the leaf blower after it.
I might try it though.

It works BEST if sprayed on... wiped while wet.. hand dried... IF you allow it to dry before wiping dry, it will leave a bit if a minor residue,,, Just re spray and hand dry...

It really sounds a lot worse than it is,,, with it being a liquid, is spreads easy, and is wiped off ( dried ) very easy .. Just do not spray a lot before drying... I use a new drying towel for each side, front, and rear... 4 total

I found towels at autogeek that work like none other for removing wax... these are unbelievable.. I get the 12 pack....... I will use 4 per was-wax-all
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
My soap cannon and pressure washer is sounding good. But, it does leave some spots. Maybe get the leaf blower after it.
I might try it though.

Stuff is very easy to use, just finished our car, looks great. Waiting for ford truck guy to reply on how often he does his fifth wheel.

If it lasts like a good conventional wax, I'm sold on it. But then again if I had to use it a little more often that would not be an issue ,the stuff is easy to work with ,and fast. I didn't time myself, but not much longer then half hour or so . Its a Ford Escape ,so its not a very big vehicle . Its just spray on ,and wipe dry.

Cummins2014. -

I use it a few times a year.. depends a lot on my time, and our travel plans... When I was used to use their double sided applicator on a pole, I was doing it when I set up at any spot for a week or so... It was handy to carry with and worked well...

But I just got third of doing it that much, I'm not getting any younger .

Brent -

Remind me what campground your in at Richmond? We were in Laburnumn South Gate 2... started down the back in what I called the pit.. rental trailers, young kids partying all night not going to the race.. Kept moving up at relocation.. finally got to the front corner spot, and LOVED it... that is until I scoe=red the turn 3 spot...

My bro in law is down in the old drivers/owners lot, Lot F Premium,,, 50 amp and water. 25' X 60'
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I might try it though.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Brent... When I renewed my Richmond Nation tickets I choose the pay 1/2 now... pay 1/2 Later ( due in July)

I rolled the refund onto my balance, and since they are offering 120%, I took the additional 20% and it will be applied to my 2021 tickets and camping...

I rolled the extra 20% into a pit pass and still had a bit left.
I'm in RV spot #2 and badly covet spot #1. LOL It's on the end of the row and has lots of room. Unfortunately the couple that has it is a lot younger and will likely never give it up. I wouldn't! But I will get on the wait list.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
Wash 'N Wax system is great, no hose needed.

Just reviewed some I ordered , heard good things about it .

I just finished using that on my Redwood, been using it since 2012..Get either the 8 oz or the 16 oz, very easy to use..

I do not use it if the RV has a lot of road grime or dirt... Usually, I will wash first, air dry then use wash wax all when that is the case..

Got the Wash Wax ,curious how often do you use it on your fifth wheel ??

Brent... When I renewed my Richmond Nation tickets I choose the pay 1/2 now... pay 1/2 Later ( due in July)

I rolled the refund onto my balance, and since they are offering 120%, I took the additional 20% and it will be applied to my 2021 tickets and camping...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
TxGearhead wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
agesilaus wrote:

I just finished using that on my Redwood, been using it since 2012..Get either the 8 oz or the 16 oz, very easy to use..

I do not use it if the RV has a lot of road grime or dirt... Usually, I will wash first, air dry then use wash wax all when that is the case..

Y'all help me out here please. I looked on Amazon for Wash 'N Wax and got dozens of products. I've been using Meguiars Ultimate wash and wax with a foam cannon on the pressure washer and am happy, but I'll try something better.

Here - -Amazon- wash wax all

Got it thanks!
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
TxGearhead wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
agesilaus wrote:

Y'all help me out here please. I looked on Amazon for Wash 'N Wax and got dozens of products. I've been using Meguiars Ultimate wash and wax with a foam cannon on the pressure washer and am happy, but I'll try something better.

Here - -Amazon- wash wax all

Thanks! Got it on my wish list.
I rolled over this years Richmond tickets to next year.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes ReJex is excellent to use everywhere but especially notable on the cap as the
Bugs for a large part will slide off in a rain storm.
However if you have considerable โ€œoxidationโ€ that should be removed first. If you donโ€™t you will see swirlies and will not get a consistent finish.
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
I'm surprised to see the recommendations for Awesome (assuming Awesome Orange ). I use it and love it but it will definitely damage paint an decals. Gotta be careful with that stuff

What component of this cleaner is causing damage? I'm curious if you have actually had damage occur with it.

Reason I ask is that I've used it a lot to spot clean both the sides of the trailer as well as the decals. I've not observed any damage but certainly will not use in the future if there is an issue. Thanks.

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
83trekker wrote:
So a lot of my 5th wheel especially around edges with the puddy stuff is and silicone have a lot of black streaks on them. The front cap has so many dead bugs and dirt. I have tried bug be gone and other stuff but it doesn't really work well.

What does every body use that actually does work really well? Thanks

Try some RejeX on the front cap, makes getting those bugs off pretty easy, also a great wax to use anywhere.

Thanks il see if i can find some locally here