cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interesting state-by-state reopening guide

dedmiston
I'm not a fan of CNN by any means, but they have put together an interesting page that lists each state's position on reopening. Presumably they will update this page to keep it current.

Seven of the states include their policy on camping.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/us/states-reopen-coronavirus-trnd/

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
28 REPLIES 28

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
garmp wrote:
If I may ask a question about listings of State park openings. The OP had a good link to CNN, but things change almost daily, is there a site that update regularly to try to keep up with the time.
Also is there a site, link, etc to find out about COE parks without going to each individual park?
Campground reviews does show per park openings, but not sure how often that's updated.

Theoretically that CNN page is supposed to be updated dynamically as states change their policies. That doesn't mean they're publishing updates specifically for camping though.
There are a number of sites that are tracking campground status by state. My favorite is Campendium.

Whoa, this is extensive and will be very useful (hopefully updated daily).

Thanks a lot!

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
The site that the link took me too was very far behind in all areas for my state. I don't trust it.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
garmp wrote:
If I may ask a question about listings of State park openings. The OP had a good link to CNN, but things change almost daily, is there a site that update regularly to try to keep up with the time.
Also is there a site, link, etc to find out about COE parks without going to each individual park?
Campground reviews does show per park openings, but not sure how often that's updated.

Theoretically that CNN page is supposed to be updated dynamically as states change their policies. That doesn't mean they're publishing updates specifically for camping though.
There are a number of sites that are tracking campground status by state. My favorite is Campendium.

dedmiston
spoon059 wrote:
Yea, I replied to the comment before I got to the mod's comments. I figure the mod can go delete the original off-topic message, and my subsequent reply if he so desires. I didn't see his message and then reply... in my defense...:E

Or I might just inscribe your message in marble instead, since it's the most sensible thing I've read online since this whole mess started.

But yeah, let's keep on topic please.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
jdc1 wrote:
Give it two to three weeks....this thing will blow up again. The feds have to provided enough testing. The feds have not provided ANY guidelines. 50% of affected areas have not seen an increase in cases....but they have not seen a decrease either. If people are allowed to travel from their county to yours.....well...look out. The county I live in has 0 deaths, and only 56 total cases. 8 are ongoing.

Your county has 56 cases and 0 deaths? Wow, that's a scary virus. Shut down society.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Seriously people, you just been reminded that this is about state opening (and with relevance to camping).

No more talk of tests or CNN stuff, ok?:p:B;)

Yea, I replied to the comment before I got to the mod's comments. I figure the mod can go delete the original off-topic message, and my subsequent reply if he so desires. I didn't see his message and then reply... in my defense...:E
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
COE cg announcement 'may be' made by the district office. But their websites are so bad that you are lucky to squeeze some info out of one. You can see my post on some COE district openings coming up. But some are just opening part of a district not the whole thing. State behavior is a big part of this. For example the Vicksburg district is opening their Arkansas cg but not their Mississippi state ones. The Mississippi governor is dragging his feet on reopening. Rather surprising actually considering the population of that states political leanings.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

dedmiston
garmp wrote:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:

That's my frustration too. I just concentrate to the state where the campground I plan to visit is located. Usually within my state or the next neighboring state. I don't want to risk crossing two or more state bounderies.

Also monitoring national parks, forests, monuments, BLM and USDA campgrounds. I'm sure the announcement will be made on the federal level although it will be phased by region or state.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Seriously people, you just been reminded that this is about state opening (and with relevance to camping).

No more talk of tests or CNN stuff, ok?:p:B;)

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
spoon059 wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
Antibody testing all over the country has been finding that roughly 3% of the population have been infected. DFW has about 6 million population that would mean about 190,000 people have been infected if the 3% value is right for that area.

From what I am hearing (wife is nurse, both sisters are nurses, brother in law is adult respiratory therapist at a MAJOR hospital in Baltimore, as well as a friend's wife who works at NIH) the antibody tests are very inaccurate.

Some of the first ones done before FDA had approved a test, the CA test for example, had about a 1% false positive and that was problematic. Plus that test was highly non representative of the population. They solicited people on FB and so got a heavily white female test group. That test was not FDA approved tho and those FDA tests are much better and they are the tests being used now.
The CA people went back and retested the same area and got roughly the same numbers. Furthermore the fact that these tests are mostly falling in the same range is a confirmation that they are generating real numbers. The test results in hot spots like NYC are much higher, inside NYC the are getting like 25% positive numbers and 3% in the NY state areas away from the city.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
Antibody testing all over the country has been finding that roughly 3% of the population have been infected. DFW has about 6 million population that would mean about 190,000 people have been infected if the 3% value is right for that area.

From what I am hearing (wife is nurse, both sisters are nurses, brother in law is adult respiratory therapist at a MAJOR hospital in Baltimore, as well as a friend's wife who works at NIH) the antibody tests are very inaccurate.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
They are starting to reopen things around here even though Dallas and Tarrant (Ft Worth) counties are hitting new highs of new cases almost every day. Makes no sense to me.

The more they test, the more positive tests will occur. That's common sense. Then you have to question the methodology of the testing. In Virginia, for example, each positive test counts as a "new case". Read that again... its not every PERSON that counts as a "new case", it is EVERY POSITIVE TEST that counts as a new test. John tested positive for Covid last week, that's one new case. They tested John again on Saturday, he's still positive. That's now TWO new cases. They tested him again this morning, still positive. That's THREE new cases. They'll keep testing him until he tests negative. That will count as 4 or 5 "new cases" even though its the same guy. They are also counting tests of people that live in other states, but get tested in Virginia. So now John counts as a positive Covid in Virginia, and also in Maryland where he lives. Numbers are going to grow exponentially due to the number of tests being conducted and the way some states are choosing to report their data.

The issue isn't how many people are testing positive, the issue is how many people require critical care. Studies are inconclusive, but the overwhelming majority of people that test positive require very little medical intervention. Who knows how many people had Covid in January, February, March or April and displayed either no symptoms or very low grade symptoms. A lot of people are testing positive with either no symptoms or very minor symptoms. Those aren't the cases that are problematic. Those people can quarantine for 2 weeks and prevent the spread.

The problematic cases are the ones that require ventilators and other significant medical intervention. Those are the cases that the CDC has recommended be watched to determine when it is safe to open. Those numbers are trending down across the country, thus why we are opening up across the country.

Don't believe the hype that the main stream media wants to feed you. More than half the US deaths occurred in the NYC metro area. A large portion of those occurred in nursing homes, where people had underlying medical conditions. In all US deaths, the staggering majority of deaths occurred in people with underlying medical issues. The likelihood of an otherwise healthy person contracting Covid and dying is minimal.

Even if your jurisdiction opens up, you can stay at home and continue to isolate yourself. You don't have to run outside and lick peoples hands because the government allowed your jurisdiction to open. The government's response to Covid is unprecedented in our nation. I'm stunned and saddened by how quickly our citizens gave up their Constitutional rights and allowed the government to control where we can go, when we can go, how we can go, with whom we can go and what we have to wear when we go.

Stay healthy...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS