cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic ccc2 thermostat

wwaller
Explorer
Explorer
The Dometic ccc2 thermostat in our 2006 coachman elite sportscoach will not power on. We have tried to find a fuse or breaker to the thermostat but have not been able to find a fuse sending power to the thermostat.

Any thoughts on where a fuse may be located
How can I check the RJ11 (telephone) line supplying power
How can I check the thermostat its-self to make sure it's functioning properly

Any ideas and help is appreciated

W waller
Wayne Waller
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
wwaller wrote:
I keep see a reference to a 3 amp fuse on the board....checked the fuse box.. So it must be on the board located inside the front air unit....would assume that I need to remove the air Cond cover on the roof....am I going in the correct direction

Yes, if you have the Lo profile Penguin model. You have checked for 12 volt power in the Coach?. Lights work? Doug

wwaller
Explorer
Explorer
I keep see a reference to a 3 amp fuse on the board....checked the fuse box.. So it must be on the board located inside the front air unit....would assume that I need to remove the air Cond cover on the roof....am I going in the correct direction
Wayne Waller

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
make sure you have the coach 12 volt system turned ON. If you have no 12 volt ON, then the CCC 2 will not display. very common problem. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mike brez wrote:
MountainAir05 wrote:
Have you check power to the AC unit itself. That should be where the power came from. 12 volts.

I don’t think the 12v comes from ac unit.

Yes and No. There is a 12 volt supply GOING to the Zone 1 AC unit control board. THAT powers the COMM (telephone type) cable going to the CCC2 which is a DC 12 volt signal. So, the OP needs to check the 12 volt supply at the Zone 1(usually front AC) Control board. There is a 3 amp fuse ON the board also. So, if you have 12 volts to the AC Board, check the fuse ON the board. 2006 did NOT have a CCC2 system so someone has updated his Dometic control system from a 5 button to the ccc2 system. Doug

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
Have you check power to the AC unit itself. That should be where the power came from. 12 volts.

I don’t think the 12v comes from ac unit.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Few things to try. Using volt meter do you have 12v at red and black wire on telephone line going to back of thermostat.
Remove inside trim try unplug and plug in phone line a few times.
Sometimes they get a little condensation and get corroded and get bad connection.
Do you have 12v on red and black going into metal fox?

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU