14 REPLIES 14

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
So where is Galveston? HA!

Deep in the South of Texas

Thanks for the clarification. I thought you meant Galveston, Indiana
๐Ÿ™‚
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

Explorer II
Explorer II
bucky wrote:

Deep in the South of Texas
Not so long ago,
There on a crowded island
In the Gulf of Mexico

It was down at the Balinese
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puma 30RKSS

dedmiston
2112 wrote:
dedmiston wrote:

It wasn't a dumb question.
It wasn't a question at all.

I realized the thread lacked context, so I tried to sneak in a clue. Perhaps it was too subtle.

Nice atitude. :R

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:

It wasn't a dumb question.
It wasn't a question at all.

I realized the thread lacked context, so I tried to sneak in a clue. Perhaps it was too subtle.
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

dedmiston
2112 wrote:
bucky wrote:
To everybody but Executive maybe you could clue the rest of us in as to where places are when you brag on them. Thanks
You must have missed this. I left a clue:
2112 wrote:
There is also Sandpiper on the east end of the island, on Stewart Beach. Sandpiper is tight. It just has a squeezed in feel to it, but it is nice and right on Galveston's most popular beach. There is a lot within walking distance from Sandpiper.

Or you can just ask!

It wasn't a dumb question. I wondered the same thing, but I wasn't curious enough to Google it.

People post things like this all the time and it would really help if they'd add some context. America is a big place.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Explorer II
Explorer II
bucky wrote:
To everybody but Executive maybe you could clue the rest of us in as to where places are when you brag on them. Thanks
You must have missed this. I left a clue:
2112 wrote:
There is also Sandpiper on the east end of the island, on Stewart Beach. Sandpiper is tight. It just has a squeezed in feel to it, but it is nice and right on Galveston's most popular beach. There is a lot within walking distance from Sandpiper.

Or you can just ask!
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puma 30RKSS

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to Jamaica Beach twice. Once just after it opened, then again 4 years ago. The owners are very experienced with hospitality, had just purchased additional land lagoon side to expand. We were impressed with their vision to landscape with grassy lots and concrete roads and pads, and entertain guests. We learned from them on ideas to increase our guest experience.

The uncrowded beach has a vehicle access lot just across the hiway, with undeveloped dunes Our only choice on the island.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Sandpiper 2 years ago and would never stay there again. They stuck us in a site against a 6' concrete wall that had other sites right above us. It's only a few blocks from buildings that have bars on the windows. Close to the beach was nice, but that's it. Next time we'll go to the Jamaica Beach area.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Explorer II
Explorer II
Jamaica Beach is nice and has a lot to offer. The only down side for us is it's not on the water and away from the historic city. You have to drive to a public beach or go to the state park.

I know you didn't ask, but:
We prefer Dellanera. It's nowhere as nice as Jamaica but it's on the beach side of the highway with direct beach access, no vehicles allowed on that section of beach, and it's closer to town. Dellanera is more like a parking lot whereas Jamaica is a true resort.

Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can get pictures and info from our blog. Or you can simply click HERE which will take you there. Check some of the pages before and after for ideas of what to do while there. Once on the blog, look over on the right side of the page and click on BIG RIG SITES. I continue to get the dreaded "service unavailable" pop up for the link. You can also cut and paste this link... http://doubledcampgrounds.blogspot.com/2013/ which will get you there too....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We liked it in 2010 but looks like it's been upgraded since then.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
We are going mid July this year. From my research all he reviews look great for them. Can't wait to go!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!